Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Anyone want a 2002 Bandit 600? Less than 14K miles on it. Some scuffs on the right side where it was dropped in my driveway. I'll negotiate on price and even deliver it if you're within 200 miles.

http://dubuque.craigslist.org/mcy/4017345890.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

ChewedFood posted:

I need to buy a Clymer or similar shop manual for an 83 Suzuki GS750 if anyone has one laying around. I'll have to order one by the end of tomorrow (if nobody here has one), I have the bike sitting in a storage unit and I can't wait to get started on it.

Here ya go... print it from a PDF:
http://www.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/gs/GS750E-ES_Shop_Manual_1983.pdf

A whole mess of other useful tidbits:
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Oglogoth posted:

Ordered a set of Pirelli Sport Demon's and was sent 2 sets. After sitting in the garage for about a month I've realized I'm not going to own my current bike long enough to use these, so I figured I'd offer them up to a goon. Front is 110/70H-17 and rear is 140/70H-17. Looking to get $75 + shipping for the front, $100 + shipping for the rear, or $175 + shipping for the set. If price + shipping costs more than I paid for them we can renegotiate the price.

and I just bought a new gs500e that needs tires... any idea on the price of shipping from you to zip code 76092?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Oglogoth posted:

Sorry I'm coming off a three day spookyfest bender so I haven't been at the PC. I'll check tomorrow how much it would cost to ship and let you know.

No problem, thanks. My email is my username at gmail.com

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Oglogoth posted:

Sorry I'm coming off a three day spookyfest bender so I haven't been at the PC. I'll check tomorrow how much it would cost to ship and let you know.

Money sent. You and motorcyclesuperstore dot com ended up being within a few dollars of each other. (Only because they are having a sale though).

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

nitrogen posted:

Selling my 2001 GS500.

I'm in the DFW area, Dallas/Garland/Plano/etc.

$1500 goon pricing.

Can you hold it for a day or two? I have to put a check in the bank this weekend. My email is "username"@gmail.com

If you have another buyer before I get the cash together, go ahead and sell it.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 29, 2016

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Set of Sidi DOHA boot in Euro 45 size, USA 11. They run a touch narrow and I found out after the 2nd or 3rd ride I needed a size 46.

Obviously they've been worn, and the insoles have been replaced. As such, these are free to anyone that needs them. my contact is my username @ gmail.com.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Day Man posted:

Sent you an email

FedEx says they are delivered. No signature service so they are sitting on the front porch to steal.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

ChewedFood posted:

Iso 83ish Suzuki GS 750 tanks. I have an ES but i need a non fairing tank. The ES tank won't work for me. I'm looking for totally trashed tanks to see fitments then I'll buy a nice one that definitely fits after I can place one on the frame to make sure it clears.

Head over to http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php They are mostly old folks attempting to rebuild their golden years on a bike and they generally have tons of parts laying about.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Anyone in need or want for future use a Bandit 1250 clutch kit?
I was going to replace the the clutch bits on my bike and I got wrecked, so the savings are passed on to you.
It's the kit with the friction plates, steel plates, springs, et. al. for a complete clutch rebuild.

Free to the first person calling "DIBS".

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Dibs. I'm rebuilding a Bandit right now. How's the motor on the wreck? I need one if it's not in terrible shape.

uhhh if you look through "crashed toys" or copart in the Dallas area you might find it. The insurance company gave me 4500$ for the bike, they are going for less that, if they even sell on ebay. I took the money and laughed all the way to the bank and they hauled it off to the auction place.

Heck I found it on their site:
https://www.copart.com/lot/26728317

It's the Blue 2008 bandit for 30$ currently. There's a surprise under the seat of a brand new set of front and rear brake pads.
That bike is rebuildable, the motor runs fine though the radiator might need to be looked at as it is bent slightly though it wasn't leaking when I rode it around the neighborhood after I get it home.. It's got less than 2K miles on the tires, the chain and sprockets are fairly new, I changed them under 7K miles ago. It needs the brake and clutch DOT4 changed out. It's got a 6 month old AGM battery in it. I put Sta-bil in the tank so whomever gets it should be able to fire it right up as long as it still has charge.

Send your address to my username @gmail.com and I'll get the clutch kit out to you.

HAHAHA I looked through the pictures, they left the hand written note with what's wrong I had taped to the bike on the tank.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 25, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I wouldn't steal the bike out from babyeatingpsychopath if he wanted it, but I live close-ish to Dallas, would you mind telling me more about what's wrong with the bike? I read the link and...is it really just damage to the front end like forks, wheel, turn signals, fairings, etc? Surely there's some damage to the front of the frame or something? I mean, I've never looked at a wrecked bike auction and don't know what it will really sell for, but for ~100 bucks I could be convinced to make a terrible decision.

babyeatingpsychopath lives out on the east coast. I'm not sure if he'll bid on it or not. There's no damage to the frame nothing wrong with the front forks, and to be honest the mark the made on the front fender was from me screwing around and bumping my tire into someone elses bike.

That being said, the front fairing is toast. It's mostly one piece and it's completely broken on the right side. Along with the right turn signal. There's some small dents in the tank and a few paint blemishes here and there from the soft luggage I had on the bike from time to time. The insurance company totaled it because they go by the book. They use full MSRP replacement part cost which came out to be something near 3K$. They included the exhaust which while scratched to heck doesn't really need replacing. The handle bars and levers while scratched aren't bent or broken, though the bar ends might need to be replaced. Because I locked up the front tire, they included the tires as part of the replacement cost, they really don't need to be replaced.

When they added in the expert labor of pulling everything off and putting it all back together, that ended up being another 1200$ or 1300$, it was at that point they pulled out the "totaled" label and gave me a check. Because I still had the title and could sign it over to them it goes as a title sale instead of salvage.

If your wanted to go real cheap on fixing the bike up, you could buy an after market bucket headlamp and a vapor dash or something and have a decent bike that you could easily use as a commuter or sport touring. I used to go all over the place on it, and it eats miles like mad and is comfortable enough that I've done trips from Dubuque Iowa all the way to Indianapolis, while routing through Chicago to pick up friends and whatnot. 200 - 300 mile days are easy.

The only questionable bit is the radiator.and the whole radiator assembly from bike bandit is 590$ (the insurance company put it down at msrp of 735 in their records). The radiator hit the ground and was bent backwards a bit so it touches the horn. It wasn't leaking when I got it home and fired it up but I won't guarantee there is nothing wrong with it.

On the plus side if you are nearish Dallas I've had that bike since 2011 and it was brand new when I bought it with 8 miles on the odometer. Prior to that I had another '08 Bandit that was it's exact twin. I'll lend you whatever knowledge I have of the bike and can send you the PDF of the service manual and what not if you decide to go for it. If it wasn't for the fact they offered me full KBB value for the bike instead of market value I might not have gotten rid of it.

One other caveat. Copart and other auction sites like this are a bit of pain in the rear end. They require proxy bidders and there are fees involved in handing everything over and the cost of all that can add 400 - 600 dollars to the auction price. It's not a popular model. It's not going to get much at auction. If you can get the bike for under 1000$ I think it would be a good deal as you could easily get it back on the road with less than another 1K$ in parts including the radiator if you do all the work yourself.

If you want to confer with me about it, my username @gmail.com is the email, reach out.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 25, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Really disappointed that copart.com isn't art drawn by cops.

They pronounce it co-part, I agree with your sentiments 100%. They are in the building next to the one I work in so I have to see their sign all the time.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Free: 2 pair of riding pants. They say they are 38 waist and 34 length, but might fit someone that's a 34-36 waist much better.
Pants have Kevlar in the knees/side/butt area. I don't have PM, so post up or send an email to skreemer(at)gmail.com

included will be:
2 pair of pants, one worn twice, one still in the package
1 set of knee and hip armor.

(click for big picture)

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
"Iron Workers" cargo pants size 38 waist in black.
Here's the description from Cycle Gear:
Iron Workers Cargo Pants Casual style, serious performance. A high quality cotton and polyester blend with panels reinforced with aramid fiber in the common impact zones and CE armor in the knees make the Iron Workers Cargo Pants a great choice for cruising the city streets. Features: Hand-washed and finished cotton / polyester mix Aramid/polyester mix fabric on all impact zones knees, hips and seat Loose fitting casual style in high quality cotton Multiple cargo pockets with hook-and-loop closure Hook-and-loop ankle adjustment tabs Short two-part connecting zips Classic slanted hand entry pocket CE Armor EN-1621-1 at the knee

2 pair of pants one pair worn once(then washed) another pair still in the package:

Let's call it 30$ shipped for both pairs to cover the cost of shipping.
Contact me via skreemer(at)gmail.com have pants in the subject.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 26, 2019

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

M. Night Skymall posted:

I'm selling a 2008 Honda VFR800 and a 2007 BMW Xmoto G650 in Dallas. They've just been sitting around since my kid was born and I want my garage space back. I also have an SV650 that won't start, it's definitely fuel but I'm too lazy to figure out where, I put new fuel in and it still wouldn't start and I was all out of motivation, it does crank, though the battery's probably gone by now. Make an offer, if you want it, has a clear title at least. Aside from the not starting it's pretty beat up and has like 42k miles, which is why I'm too lazy to figure out what's wrong with it.

Good to hear from you, too bad you're selling everything off. Is the SV, the yellow one we worked on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

M. Night Skymall posted:

I'm looking for someone to take haul away my SV650, for which I will give you the title. It turned over a year ago but wouldn't fire, probably a fueling issue but who knows.

They're garaged/on a tender and I got new batteries for them last year when I was planning to sell them. PM me if you're interested and I can send photos and stuff.

ETA: I forgot since the craigslist ads are dead, I'm in the DFW area.

I really miss all of us getting together and riding, hasn't been that way for quite some time... The SV650, it is the "yellow" track one you had and we wrenched on? I might take that off your hands, my number is still the same if you have it or my username @gmail.com... (I've got a trailer)