Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

mattfl posted:

Well, it took forever but I finally finished this up today and holy poo poo is it awesome.

drat that rules. I really want a VW body for my TRX4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Decided I should get a lipo bag now rather than later and now I'm seeing these Bat-Safe boxes also. Anyone used one and have thoughts? Not concerned about price, especially relative to the value of my garage.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on the most expensive r/c I've ever purchased- a Cross RC BC8 Mammoth which is a scale Soviet era MAZ-537 ultra heavy cargo truck (the real one pulls ICBMs, tanks, and all kinds of other crazy poo poo). I had never seen the Cross RC stuff in person until last month when I went out to do some scale logging at a buddies house with property and a few of them all had Cross RC military style rigs....and holy poo poo those things are built STRONG. I saw a BC8 in person as one of them had one and in the 30 some years of being involved in r/c, it was probably the single most impressive rig I've ever seen. It was hauling 50 lbs of logs through the woods and through deep mud.

I had recently dumped a lot of cash into a Tamiya semi truck (my first foray into r/c semis) and upon seeing the Cross stuff, immediately knew I made a mistake with the relatively fragile Tamiya stuff and it just sold so I've got a good bit of cash for the Mammoth but maaaaan. $1,500 is A LOT of coin as we are probably talking $2k once I finish it with electronics and everything else.

However, the BC8 is built to the 9's with drat near everything on it machined (it also comes with lights and a sound system) to where there are no hop-ups needed for it. My friend has owned his about a year and says its his favorite vehicle in fleet by far, and he beats the crap out of it.

What to do what to do. Suppose I can always sell it if it winds up just sitting on my shelf.

(this is the BC8 for those wondering - https://www.crossrc.us/shop/bc-8-mammoth-flagship-version/)

Goddamn that rules. Do it, do it now.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Octopus Magic posted:

The tracks I used to race on outside of a carpet oval were real backyard specials. Think like BMX track looseness, or there's something like this I found which looks fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OskaaUJTGs

Look at how they're really grooving up the tracks with even old Tamiya stuff. Much more bumpy. As goofy and slow as these cars are, it looks a lot more welcoming to people than some clay track where the electric cars are clearing triple jumps with ease at national events.

IDK Maybe I'm being too "old man yelling at cloud" but like there have been multiple articles of people saying that Off Road is dying because of how fast the cars are/how ugly the cars are/how clique-y it is now.

That looks amazing. I have 0 interest in any kind of flat/hard surface racing, but I'd love something like the old-school Offroad video game. I want a field of TRX and Axial crawlers flooring it through mud pits and poo poo, intentionally knocking each other off edges, etc.