Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

New Melbourne Victory home and away have been released:

Personally I think it's the nicest kit we've had, excluding our first champions league kit. Both love and hate the yellow away, but either way it's a poo poo tonne better than anything Reebok would have done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Has anyone had any experience with https://shootjerseys.com? They're super cheap and have a massive range, so I'm thinking of buying a few, but won't if they're notoriously rubbish or something.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

The about us section of shoot jerseys directly claims that they're in China and that the shirts are fake, but they seem like they might be decent quality, and the last lot of shirts I bought from soccer triads were actually pretty dodgy, so I think I'll give these guys a go. I want a shitload of their shirts though because they have so many that you can't find from any other bootleg stores, so hopefully it won't be a massive waste of money.
They also seem to sell knock-off boots, I wonder what the quality of those would be...

Edit: I'm willing to buy a knock-off version of a genuine shirt that I have, (would be the Australia home kit) if anyone would be interested in a side-by-side comparison of how they stack up to genuine shirts, but I won't do it if no-one cares. I'll be able to do a write up of comparison of shirts from these guys and soccer triads anyway, so I guess they don't have to be identical shirts to do that. Fairly sure I'll be buying some anyway.

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Alrighty, I just ordered a whole lot of swag from those guys. I'm gonna get the Brazil thrid kit which shares the same layout as the Australia kit, so I'll do a comparison between those, and I have a Nike kit from Soccer Triads which I can compare also (Porto away). I was going to get the Marseille kit posted earlier to compare with an old Soccer Triads Marseille kit, but it sold out already :S
When they arrive I'll do a big post with all my kits from everywhere and let you all know how they are.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I've found that Soccer Triads are really good at making Adidas kits, but not so good at Nike ones. Strange.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

That'd be a really cool photo if everyone wasn't squinting.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I bought some Porto away shirts from Soccer Triads for 5-a-side, and found that the material, while feeling roughly the same, and looking the same, is maybe a bit more plastic-y, and has no stretch to it, while a legit Nike shirt seems to have a bit more give, is a bit more breathable, and nicer to the touch. The fact that they have no stretch in them means that I can't even get out of mine after I play, it gets stuck on my head and I look like an idiot. Their numbers and names are all coming off too, although they iron back on just fine.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Kempo posted:

How do you lot find their sizing? Big, small, bang on? I like my shirts not baggy (my Arsenal shirt is a medium and fits my huge muscles nicely).

The Porto away shirt in a medium is way too small for me, at 6ft and 85kg, but I'm normally kinda between a large and a medium anyway so I guess sizing is pretty normal?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

And so, 16 days after ordering a whole lot of poo poo from shootjerseys.com, it arrives in Melbourne, and I am very happy. Here's a whole lot of words and pictures:

11/12 Brazil Third

11/12 France Away (with bonus cat)

11/12 Bremen Home

11/12 Dortmund Away

10/11 South China Home

10/11 West Ham Home (Note the lack of manufacturers logo on the shirt)

10/11 West Ham Away

10/11 Lyon Away

10/11 Lyon Third

10/11 Celtic Away

All these kits cost me $180 shipped, which I think is a pretty good deal considering that they come with shorts, and they all come packaged in their own little zip-lock bag, which I thought was a nice touch.

I figured I'd show off the other jerseys I have too, before I do a comparison between Shoot Jerseys, Soccer Triads, and the legit actual stuff:

96/97 AC Milan Away (Legit afaik)

10/11 Australia Home (Legit)

10/11 AF Goa Home (Bought from some dude on the roadside in India, fake)

94/95 Inter Milan Home (Legit afaik)

10/11 Porto Away (Soccer Triads)

09/10 Marseille Away (Soccer Triads)

10/11 Leicester Home & Away (Legit, Special edition from friendly played against Thai National Team)

Ok, so lets get down to it. Just how fake are these fake shirts that come from the internet? Well. Here's 3 Nike shirts, from Shoot Jerseys, Nike, and Soccer Triads respectively.

The tags:
The Soccer Triads one has been through the wash quite a few times, so it's all falling off, but the main difference here is that the legit Nike shirt is printed with a sort of rubberised ink, while the two fake shirts are printed with plasticised ink.

The swoosh:
The stitching on the legit shirt is much nicer and tighter, and is raised slightly from the shirt, while the Shoot Jerseys swoosh uses less thread and therefore looks sparser, although still looks good. The Soccer Triads one seems to not even be sewn onto the shirt properly somehow.

The authenticity patch:
The legit one has a hologram in the horizontal silver strip, which says some crap about Nike or something (I tried to get a proper photo of this, but holograms are loving hard to photograph and I'm lazy). On the other two shirts this strip is just embroidered, and the letters on the Soccer Triads one are all wonky and poo poo.

The fabric:
Neither of the fake shirts can match Nike for the quality of fabric, which is really quite soft to the touch. The Soccer Triads shirt feels plastic-y and has no stretch, while the Shoot Jerseys one feels too smooth, almost like it isn't woven at all. This smooth material is what every Shoot Jerseys shirt is made from, while Soccer Triads uses different materials for different brands, trying to match the appearance of each shirt.
The ventilation panel on the sides of the shirts is the most noticeable part when it comes to determining if it is a fake, as while the Nike shirt is merely a looser weave of the normal fabric on the shirt, the Soccer Triads uses exactly the same material, and the Shoot Jerseys shirt uses a mesh, which is much coarser than the Nike fabric.

Result: Nike shirts are comfy as, Soccer Triads Nike shirts are plastic-y and crap, and Shoot Jerseys Nike shirts are lighter but less breathable than both.

Here's a go at comparing 2 adidas shirts, one from Soccer Triads and one from Shoot Jerseys, respectively:

The tags:
Soccer Triads tags look pretty legit, Shoot Jerseys seem to have arbitrarily decided what they look like. Also that swing tag is the least legit looking thing ever.

The logo:
Soccer Triads is embroidered onto the shirt, much like a real shirt, while Shoot Jerseys uses the same plasticised ink to print onto the shirt.

The sponsor:
Soccer Triads sponsors are an iron on with some sort of felt, which I'm led to believe is how they are on legit shirts, as well as being the material that the names and numbers on legit shirts are made from. Shoot Jerseys are the same plasticised ink.

The authenticity patch:
Soccer Triads looks legit, it's even holographic. Having compared it in a shop to a legit one though, it isn't the same hologram, but it's really close. Shoot Jerseys don't even have one.

The material:
The adidas Soccer Triads shirts are really comfortable, with the material feeling almost exactly like a real shirt. The Shoot Jerseys ones use the same material they do for all their other shirts, which is not particularly breathable, and very smooth. The ventilation panel is made of this same material rather than even a mesh on the Shoot Jerseys shirt this time, while Soccer Triads have a pretty nice loose weave mesh.

Result: Soccer Triads are good at making adidas shirts, Shoot Jerseys shirts are all pretty much the same no matter what brand they are bootlegging.

So, all in all, Shoot Jerseys are fake as hell, but I'd rather buy from there than Soccer Triads despite the more obvious fakeness because Soccer Triads seem to vary in quality a fair bit, and Shoot Jerseys are cheaper, have a MUCH larger selection, and come with shorts also, which is pretty cool. I think the shipping was quicker also, despite coming from further away (China instead of Thailand).

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 18, 2011

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shoot Jerseys badges seem to be about the same quality as Soccer Triads; that is, not perfect, but pretty close, and the text is the part that you'd notice being off first. Have some legit ones for reference too.
Old Milan badge is printed directly into the fabric, rather than on top of it with plasticised ink, just as is the sponsor and the stripes:

New Australia badge is cool, the border/frame bit on it is embroidered higher than the rest, giving it a kinda 3d look:

Soccer Triads Marseille is pretty good to my eyes:

Shoot Jerseys Celtic is good, although the text seems to change size as it wraps around the top:

Shoot Jerseys Bremen looks good:

But on the shorts, it seems to be off center within the embroidery border:

Shoot Jerseys Lyon is terrible, it looks like they've printed the detailed bit on some fabric, sewn it on, and then embroidered the border around it:

So, I guess that they are pretty obviously fake, but they vary in quality a bit too. Seems that they can't do text very well on the badges, but they seem to be slightly better than the Chelsea ones people have posted earlier, with the exception of the Lyon kit, dunno what went wrong there.

Today has been a good day, as well as getting all these kits, I also got a bunch of Calle street soccer gear and a ball, a copy of the Green Soccer Journal and a Cos Lamp! shirt in the post. Now it's all sitting there taunting me cos I ruined my knee Tuesday night playing 5-a-side.

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 19, 2011

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Thirteenth Step posted:

Really want that Brazil kit...

Not on Soccertriads :(

The lesson we've learned here is to buy stuff from Shoot Jerseys.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Thirteenth Step posted:

Do they ship to the uk?

Pretty sure they have worldwide shipping. Also free shipping if you buy more than 5 kits.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

ephex posted:

FYI this is Werder Bremens not VfL Wolfsburgs badge.

Yep, I'm an idiot. Pretty sure I got it right in my first post though I just see a W and go crazy apparently

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ivan Drago posted:

I ordered 5 the same day you posted about them earlier in the thread. Unfortunately, just this morning I got an email saying that the Lyon third (the same one you bought and have already received) was no longer available. Boo.

Well, that sucks. Did they offer to refund it or anything?

Also, no idea what names and numbers are like from there, all mine were blank.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Thanatus posted:

Do Adidas jerseys from shootjerseys come with that little emblem at the bottom of the shirt? I noticed on the previous page that a post said that the jersey he received didn't come with it, but I was wondering if that was just the case of the shirt.

Nah, none of them did. They don't seem to have copied the shirts from actual original shirts, like soccer triads seem to have done, more that they saw them on the internet and re-made them. They look alright but are missing all the little details.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Bizzy_g posted:

a bit late but I just got some shirts from them, got a black brazil shirt with hulk on it, the style is the same as the adidas spain 2010 shirts but looks decent enough and they print the number on the shorts too which is a nice touch, its not amazing but for about £12 you cant argue

Are the names/numbers on the black kit printed in black like they were in the promo photos from ages ago? Cos that looked really good.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Umbro are doing this t-shirt as a limited edition, love it!

Just bought this. Love it.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

So this isn't entirely football shirt/kit/box related but I couldn't think of a better place to post my angry rant, but dont buy anything from Pro Direct. I've bought stuff from there before without any problem, but I placed 2 orders about a month ago from there. One of them apparently my card was declined, but instead of notifying me so that I could place the order again, they just kept my order status as Order Placed, so I thought that it would eventually make its way to me. Instead, when I eventually contacted them asking why it hadn't shipped, they told me that my card had been declined and that I'd have to place the order again, although in that time they'd sold all the stock from my order, despite not telling me that my order had been cancelled. They then told me that they'd run out of stock of a product which I had pre-ordered in a separate order, and as such I wouldn't be getting that either.
Being in Australia means that I can't call and yell at them due to time differences/cost of calls, so I'm reduced to emailing them trying to convince them to not be idiots.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

fgwsss posted:

Other than Soccer Triads, has anyone found any other half decent sites to get jerseys from? I have some fat friends with birthdays coming up and don't really feel like spending $70 or $80 each on them.

shootjerseys.com are cheaper and around the same quality as Soccer Triads I've found, I did a write up about it a while ago itt. Otherwise check out places who might have discounts on genuine last seasons shirts, like Pro Direct or Soccer Pro. I wouldn't recommend Pro Direct, because they messed me around with one of my orders, but I think I've sorted it all out now and their customer support was pretty good, so make of that what you will.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Bloody hell, postage to Australia is £55. Screw that.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

partipo posted:

Thinking of getting a CSKA Moscow fake or something for the gym. How do SoccerTriads fakes hold up under actual physical activity?

Pretty good. Their material varies depending on the brand of jersey they're bootlegging afaik, the adidas ones are far more comfortable than the Nike ones. Weird.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I like it.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Hoops posted:

How can anyone like a kit with a sash, ever. They're all horrible. They cannot be good.

Eh, at least they aren't horizontal stripes.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

The Mash posted:

It also looks better because there's no sponsor logo, like every early preview kit ever

I actually don't like it without a sponsor, it just looks like a boring t-shirt. Imo it looks like it's been designed specifically to fit a sponsor on it.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

They look loving cool to me??? Also the 90s owned and people seem to be being a bit boring????

The middle 2 are cool, the outer ones not so much, despite the rockin shade of pink. The Liverpool ones own, as do those Man United kits Ninpo posted.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Just realised that the reason I don't like the Sagan keeper's kits is because they use that same lovely Star Trek collar that Liverpool got.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ninpo posted:

I don't recall this being posted

Seems legit.

The red one of these is loving lovely.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

The awful powerpoint style presentation of that kit isn't helping it, but it isn't a pretty kit at all.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Woof! Woof! posted:

Speaking of NASL jerseys. Here are Minnesota United's kits for the 2013 fall season:

The animal on the crest is a Loon - the state bird of Minnesota. The exposed button of the kit is red to symbolize the red eyes of a loon.

These designs really could go either way from awesome to terrible once you actually make them out of fabric and put sponsors/league badges/etc on them. Nice colours though, and I like the striped cuffs/collar on the home.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Woof! Woof! posted:

Only league requirements are the NASL badge. Even the flag is optional (though it'll probably get included).
This is rumored to be the kit sponsor:

Could be worse.

Here it is mocked up quick and dirty:

dang thats a nice sponsor logo.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

partipo posted:

Whenever I see shirts like these I wonder if they'll become retro-ugly-cool like the Arsenal bruised banana in like 20 years.

That one is already retro-ugly-cool, and I would wear the poo poo out of it.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

partipo posted:

Two pumas doing an eiffel tower.

edit:

Gambling sponsors are banned in Turkey. Madrid played in sponsorless kits.

It looks nice.

It's nice insofar as its not covered in logos, but honestly, it looks really loving boring. Definitely a kit designed to have sponsors on.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ninpo posted:

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's because it's made by Puma.

Woah, good work, Columbo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I hate the away, and love the 3rd. I have no strong feelings either way about the home.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

vaginal culture posted:

This is really ugly and in fact my Great Grandma drove an 83 Buick that was this exact color and they said I could have it when she died but I didn't want it. Its a bad shirt.

Agreed op, I hate shiny gold/bronze poo poo like that.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Hegav posted:

I agree, the home laegue winners kit looks better but still, I'm not a fan of league winner kits. Just play in the regular one.

This is still gross, sorry.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Lol I just noticed, does it have a huge fake shadow around the badge?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

New Bordeaux and Marseille kits own bones.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Mickolution posted:

Marseille's new "denim" number...

:stonk:

hahahahahaha i love the OM stitching on the 'pocket'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I love that it's had to be clarified more than once that no, it isn't actually a sports shirt made of denim, it just looks like it, its ok, don't panic