Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
I loved this one so much I ordered it from a shop in Thailand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Dear Sergio posted:

That is hilarious. Buy the shirt before you even know what it looks like. Great idea.

e: I really like those Man City kits even if they aren't 100% confirmed as real. Nice and clean looking.

it says they'll email you pictures first, not that you have to buy it sight unseen

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Grez posted:

I think you'll find they went to poo poo very much during the Candy era, thanks to adidas:

Great foresight from United to ditch adidas for umbro immediately prior to them ditching the trefoil and sleeve stripes for these abortions. Loads of teams at Euro 92/WC 94 had the same design.

I remember when my competitive U14 team got these jerseys. I thought they were the most badass thing ever

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Soundboz posted:

Let's just ignore the 20k+ they have available to drop on private education tuition yearly. If this wasn't on a college campus that might make more sense.

Yeah really, all the college kids I know are swimming in money :rolleyes:

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Where's the best site to see the official uniforms they teams are wearing at the 2010 world cup?

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Jesus christ Spain, why must you do this to me? I was so excited to get a new Casillas jersey after the amazing Euro 2008 one.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone know where you can pick up jerseys like the 2nd Spanish goalie jersey or even 3rd jerseys for national teams? You can't even buy the 1st Spanish goalie jersey from the official Adidas website here.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

Am I the only person who like's Spain's goalkeeper kits? I think all the Nike ones are tacky.

I have 3 Casillas jerseys but haven't bought this one yet. It's growing on me from my initial yuck reaction

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

zekezero posted:

So in Portugal's game the goalkeeper wore a gray nike park III that was short sleeved, it was the same as Brazil's goalie.

http://keeperskit.com/product/categories/goalkeeper_shirts/nike_goalkeeper_clothing/NIKEGK2008.html

I can't find the short sleeve version anywhere (the long sleeve has padded elbows.)

Someone posted earlier in this thread about getting the Brazil short sleeved one

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
So I know most people here only buy their team's jerseys but Nike released their spring 11 catalog and you'll be able to order custom US style jerseys.

Full catalog is here

http://www.niketeam.com/v2/new/PDF/SP11/04_Sp11_M_Soccer.pdf

The black/red version of it looks pretty loving slick. It's a shame it's so expensive because I would love to get one in my school's colors for our club team

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
So where can you get a Spain jersey with the star on it?

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

SenorSpangiel posted:

This would've been perfect if the sponsors refrained from putting their awful logos on it more than once and they fixed up the collar

is this guy pregnant or something?

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

luvd posted:

It's weird because

Is one of the nicest kits I've seen in a long time. It's absolutely beautiful.

It looks 95% the same as last years.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Paul Pot posted:

I need this Inter 07/08 greatness, but the only place I found was some Italian eBay shop for 99€. I've got no experience with buying dated jerseys, but I pretty much exhausted every possible google search. Anyone know of italian websites that could still have these in stock? ..or any other website I might've missed for that matter

http://cgi.ebay.com/Inter-Milan-Awa...c#ht_500wt_1014

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

Those boots look pretty nice.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-002-009-E17&DEPT=2&BRAND=9&SS=1&GROUP=CTR

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Love the France away, could do without the home

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Mandalay posted:

Wear-Green-While-Drinking Day Trip Report:

I think I've found the biggest soccer shirt store in America. It's even bigger than the official stores I've visited in Santiago Bernabeu, Allianz-Arena, and Fiorentina's lovely-rear end shop.

These pics are from the front half of the store. Disappointingly, half of the jerseys are ManU/Barca/Arsenal/Brazil/Mexico/Los Angeles Galaxy, but the guy complained that that's pretty much what people buy. Indeed, the guy in front of me in line bought a ManU and Mexico Chicarito shirts. Had a bit of a laugh when another guy asked for a Blackpool top (sadly no).

As for me? Picked up a Cameroon WC2010 shirt for $52. Not the best deal, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

There's a few stores like that here around Dallas, TX

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

NattyBo posted:

Has Nike made ANY good shirts for next year? Wow.

the France away shirt

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
well this is interesting

http://www.manutdshopusa.com/

closed their USA shop

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

black.lion posted:

That article doesn't mention the numbers and names on the back of the kits though, just sleeve badges - it seems those huge, stiff, fuzzy letters would be annoying to have plastered onto your back, what with twisting and jumping and such.

Is there an advantage to huge fuzzy letters? Other than what that article mentions about the plasticy ones being annoying to apply, that is.

they have an article about numbers too

http://www.onionbag.com/print-room/?p=3

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
it's just a fake. You can find jerseys like that in all the soccer shops around here. Rarely do they have official jerseys

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

FiftyFour posted:

Sorry for the Newsround link, but 8 games is pretty lovely...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/17062988

at least you can get the old one super cheap!

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

That's great and all, but is there any reason why they've crammed the shirt into a plastic bag to make it look like a blood pack?

Translating the phrase on it gave me rougly

if it has something that unite us; is the blood!

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Nike kicking rear end with french jerseys, the rest of you though, gently caress off

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

The SARS Volta posted:

Debuting in Genoa right now:

Ehhhhhhhh

it's not very tight and that black stripe is not as bold as that pictjre shows

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
The official Manchester United facebook posted this pic earlier

guess the rumors were right!

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Gentleman

Prepare to meet the king of boxes

http://www.soccerbible.com/news/football-shirts/archive/2012/05/10/nike-usmnt-lightbox.aspx

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Don't like the collar, the color scheme or the bird logo. Is anyone going to have a good kit this year?

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
according to soccer bible the United kit launch is in a few minutes

edit:

here we go

http://www.soccerbible.com/news/football-shirts/archive/2012/05/11/manchester-united-home-replica-2012-13-nike-football-shirt.aspx

ayb fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 11, 2012

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Hoops posted:

who plays on an amateur team in a professional club's kit?

[edit]Stewart Downing lol

I played no fewer than 5 barcelonas or chelseas this year.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Celtic's Away for next season

'Pitch Black'

that's legit

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

What now? This is glorious if true.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2012/05/31/bloomberg_articlesM4W1WT6K50YG01-M4WLQ.DTL

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

jyrka posted:

What's the theory with the goalkeepers' shirt colours? Do you want them to 'blend in' so they attackers won't notice them or do you want them to notice the goalies so they'll shoot at them?

There was a video of the united gk coach telling a story of some keeper who decided to wear a white jersey and ended up getting chipped from half field because the players could see he was off his line.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Really wish united offered goalie jerseys in short sleeve since it's hot year round here and I never wear a long sleeve jersey.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
looks like liverpool's shirt sponsor has been doing some very bad things

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48530053

quote:

A "rogue" Standard Chartered banking unit violated U.S. antimoney laundering laws by scheming with Iran to hide more than $250 billion of transactions, and may lose its license to operate in New York State, a state banking regulator said on Monday.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

Has a third kit for Man United been announced yet? Can't find anything on it; only fake pictures of one that's the same as our first, only blue.

Don't they always use the previous years away jersey?

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone know where I can find a Man United women's away jersey in a small? The official store doesn't have them in that size but the lady wants one

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Lowden Swain posted:

Nike often makes gear that is never sold; that might be the explanation (though not the one you like).

Yeah I can never find their goalie jerseys in short sleeve, even if the pro uses it

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Still looking for a United women's small away jersey. My wife bought my a Kagawa jersey from some site online and we noticed the lettering on mine was sort of a fuzzy feel to it and the last jersey she got directly from United had a plasticy feel to the numbers. Anyone know why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

onoflalks posted:

France 13/14 away

Has France had a bad kit in like the last 4 years?