Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I like to think that we're sponsored by Barack Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

things americans like:

official/family tartans

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

what about if you get TOP CHANTER 46 on the back

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

They're actually going to wear that?

It's horrible and I hope they get relegated.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

yeah, the rotherham one would look passable if not modelled by a downie

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8081787.stm

yeah we minted

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

luvd posted:

The Umbro logo itself is pretty horrible, the only real logo that is lovely is Nike's.

kappa has a nudey lady

that's always nice

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

ibroxmassive posted:

The white collar thing doesn't sit well, and just looks a bit...strange. ADIDAS should stop loving around with fancy collars and bras and just make tops :/

And to make this post twice as useful

Mansfield will be a sunny town.

did you post that just for me?

it's nice

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

a bit portly, for sure, but worth a go around

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

All the better to lose to Grimsby with.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

To be fair, a lot of those are just kits that have fallen out of fashion. Pretty much everything in the early 1990s was about weird patterned poo poo.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

luvd posted:

Get this:

That would probably be better if they replaced the socks with something that didn't look like medical support tights.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the only new united kit that looks good is the goalkeeper one with the red chevron on white

this is because this is the only kit actually based on the kit it is supposed to be paying homage to

if we'd had a white home shirt for a year, i wouldn't have bitched at all, for the record

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Russ posted:

so i showed up for training wearing my new everton away kit and i couldnt believe my eyes when right there on the field i saw the ultimate hustler. as soon as i ran onto the pitch he said "aw poo poo nigga who designed yo kit, bret the hitman hart". i tried to laugh it off but he wouldnt stop "drat son i aint seen that many pink lines since i drove past the clubs in Canal Street" and then i burst into tears but he was all like "yo busta rear end be reppin Le Coq like yo momma was last night when i came round to gently caress dat poo poo but all i hear is her bitch bout her no-Goodi-Son" and i was like drat

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

orwhynoteatglassinstead.com

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

support all teams

be a winner forever

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

euroboy posted:

Are they stuck in 1992?

Glasgow is looking forward to 1992.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

oh you're making GBS threads me

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

TheNakedJimbo posted:

Name one thing about this kit that qualifies as awful.

it has a middlesbrough badge on it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

wayth posted:

What is going on with the gray X on the back?

I think it's designed to help shape the shirt to your back.

Or to help you look like the Batman.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Beckham is either impersonating a Kazakh dockworker or is about to superglue Cuddy's desk drawers shut on a bet with Dr. Wilson.

Slashfic incoming.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

A proper Dutch kit is clearly Orange/White/Orange.

All orange is horrid.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

ibroxmassive posted:

The only thing that could top that would be if the Red Knights actually take over United and release a Newton Heath shirt.

you mean

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Pretty sure the Football League (and Premier League) have standardised patches and kit lettering.

So you can just buy a plain shirt and then have whatever else sewn on locally.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Well it means they have to bring one out, the AIG kits aren't going to sell when it comes out hence everywhere is dropping them to dirt-cheap prices. It'll probably be the same "kit" but with their new sponsor, but that's just as bad really, kids can't be going around wearing an AIG kit when that's not their current sponsor.

To be honest, I've never really got this.

I guess the kids market is somewhat different, but it's not like you've got to replace all your old kits if they bring a new one out. Buy a £5 Cantona t-shirt and wear that to the game, nobody give a gently caress. If you insist on wearing the same kit as the team, up to the point of wearing the away kit to away matches, you are officially the tooliest tool, and probably American. They're not going to bring you on for the second half.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Rhgr posted:

You're doing it wrong, if you use your forehead and attack the ball, won't hurt. This obviously takes technique and practice, but you don't need a scrum cap like Cech, as already stated he has a fractured skull and would probably die without it.

cech is loving magic
he wears a magic hat
one day he saw stamford bridge
and he said guuuuuuuuuuuuuh

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Akileese posted:

FSC and footballshirts.co.uk have the leaks with the home and away

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/barca-home-away.jpg

I know we saw the home with villa sporting it, but I think that away kit is hideous as gently caress.

lets all wear some loving turquoise

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Was Taters posted:

It's not as bad as the pants.

fuckyeahstuffluvdwears.tumblr

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

To be honest, I did see a Liverpool home kit in the wild, and it did just look like a common-or-garden red polo shirt with yellow badges.

Of course, I didn't feel the need to go up to the guy and start pulling at his shirt to see what it was made of, so ymmv.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Hoops posted:

Even in the US there must be plenty of sports shops that have the United/Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea kit in stock. Just go and touch them. The Liverpool kit feels fine to me material wise, but as I've said before I don't like the look of it anyway. I have six or seven red Liverpool tops, maybe I'll get the away this year.

I did see the third in person just yesterday. There's no getting around it, it's weird. I kinda like it but I'm not spending money on it.

Well, yes, of course I could go to JJB Sports and just rub my hands over everything whilst moaning softly, I'm just not inclined to do so.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I'm assuming Jason McAteer will be modelling those.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Still remember Poborsky getting applauded off the field when he got sent off against us for Sparta.

He had to keep a straight face rather than start waving gormlessly to the fans and everything.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

The Mash posted:

Adding gold trim to your home kit is a surefire way to win the league after a couple of barren years. See: United 2006-2007, Real Madrid 2011-2012

Counterpoint: Swansea

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

onoflalks posted:

Remember all those Man City away kits a while back?

"Dave, the kit printing machine, it appears to be hosed, mate"
"gently caress it, it's only City, we'll say it's avant garde"

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Personally, I'm against denim football shirts, but why not email your mates and tell them what you think?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

ayb posted:

United away

It's not really a tablecloth it's just made to look like a tablecloth

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Scott Bakula posted:

This is really ugly if its real. I suppose it might look better if someone is wearing it

PrinterTestPatterns@StJames'Park

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

this kit that clearly was made in Babby's First CGI Tool For Making Video Games Circa 1996 is definitely our new kit for the following reasons

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I would ask tbp to draw a new Liverpool away kit and model it on a snorlax but it would be actually much better and thus ruin the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Did they specifically get Blackthorn just because Celtic has Magners now?

You say that like companies that make things other than alcohol are going to see a value in sponsoring the Old Firm