Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
I mean there's only one group of people bullying some youtube film/game reviewer, and it isn't raving lunatic manchildren.

And I'm shocked anyone would say this new turd is better than the second movie - the second movie wasn't bad at all. A safe retread, sure, but it wasn't bad. Maybe that's because I saw it in the theater in 89

Whereas this movie is awful except for McCarthy and Wiig who can carry pretty much anything together.

oswald ownenstein fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
With regards to keyboards, James gives me the vibe of someone who plays more platformers than anything else. I feel like controllers are WAY better than a keyboard for platformer controls.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

oswald ownenstein posted:

I mean there's only one group of people bullying some youtube film/game reviewer, and it isn't raving lunatic manchildren.

And I'm shocked anyone would say this new turd is better than the second movie - the second movie wasn't bad at all. A safe retread, sure, but it wasn't bad. Maybe that's because I saw it in the theater in 89

Whereas this movie is awful except for McCarthy and Wiig who can carry pretty much anything together.

No but raving lunatic manchildren did bully an actress from the film.

Also the new movie isn't bad at all. I would hardly call it a turd.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

No but raving lunatic manchildren did bully an actress from the film.

Also the new movie isn't bad at all. I would hardly call it a turd.

You mean the lady constantly tweeting racist poo poo about white people?

https://twitter.com/Englishpapist/status/755701715438018561

I'm surprised you'd bring that up as it has nothing to do w/ Rolfe

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

You mean the lady constantly tweeting racist poo poo about white people?

https://twitter.com/Englishpapist/status/755701715438018561

I'm surprised you'd bring that up as it has nothing to do w/ Rolfe

I thought all of those were fake?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Even if they're not fake it doesn't compare to the disgusting poo poo she's received.

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000

SeANMcBAY posted:

Even if they're not fake it doesn't compare to the disgusting poo poo she's received.

Whoa so you mean unlike the rest of us, she had to read mean words on the internet she didn't agree with?

Jesus christ assemble a task force.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
KMB took a hit when FPS turned towards the Halo school of Aim assist and cover-based Regen systems. Controllers are way friendly to that.

Personally, my system for gaming is now a laptop, so KBM on that thing is totally not as svelte as a separate monitor+repositionable Keyboard + wireless mouse. I'm also lazy as gently caress and it's hard to get time away from family and job to sit at my Gaming Built PC isolation station to game for a while.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

BillyBlanks posted:

Whoa so you mean unlike the rest of us, she had to read mean words on the internet she didn't agree with?

gently caress you. People weren't sending her political opinions she disagreed with, they were sending pictures of Harambe and Lanky Kong labeled as her and pictures of their semen all over a picture of her face. When the gently caress have you ever dealt with anything like that.

Unlike the rest of us you apparently don't know the difference between mean words and harassment and abuse.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

greatn posted:

gently caress you. People weren't sending her political opinions she disagreed with, they were sending pictures of Harambe and Lanky Kong labeled as her and pictures of their semen all over a picture of her face. When the gently caress have you ever dealt with anything like that.

Unlike the rest of us you apparently don't know the difference between mean words and harassment and abuse.

You can taste the self righteousness that this guy felt when he wrote this

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000

greatn posted:

I don't want anyone to be subject to awful poo poo like that, I just don't understand how people go into histrionics about words on a computer screen. Ban the racists, be done with it. Spare me the knee-jerk "white manbabies on the internet" articles making all the rest of us responsible for it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah if there are the types of fans AVGN has I'm not surprised people mistakenly associate him with MRA.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BillyBlanks posted:

gently caress you.

You can taste the self righteousness that this guy felt when he wrote this

Also gently caress you.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

The virtue signaling and faux-passionrage is so typical of goons

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Looks like there be some angry nerds in here

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000

The virtue signaling and faux-passionrage is so typical of goons

Seriously, I have an opinion they disagree with. Sure. But to respond only with gently caress YOU. YOURE THE BIGGEST rear end in a top hat IN THE WORLD.

Settle down kids

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Personally I blame the post with

in it for this terribly poo poo derail

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
RedLetterMedia vindicated James somewhat as they tore the movie to shreds like it would be a Star Wars prequel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUEKreyTkvA

It's impossible to believe the movie they described and showed could be worth seeing. Every second of footage they showed, just like every second of the trailer, was cringey.

For those that don't check the Ghostbusters movie thread on CineD, Comic Book Girl 19 brought up James and defended him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn_vAcFGTJU She said she agreed with everything he said, and the only reason he got hosed over for saying the same comments and she didn't, is because she's a woman. She also said she was bored to death by the film and called it consumable drivel.

Roeper called Ghostbusters a horrifying mess, was bombarded with people calling him a sexist, then had to make a video saying he didn't give a gently caress. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWQeSIEQzCs So it's not just James.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

greatn posted:

Yeah if there are the types of fans AVGN has I'm not surprised people mistakenly associate him with MRA.

I doubt they're really his fans. It's just the usual suspects; edgy 4(orwhatevernumber)channers.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Super Ninja Fish posted:

RedLetterMedia vindicated James somewhat as they tore the movie to shreds like it would be a Star Wars prequel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUEKreyTkvA

It's impossible to believe the movie they described and showed could be worth seeing. Every second of footage they showed, just like every second of the trailer, was cringey.

Well every second of footage they showed was from the trailers, they don't have access to other footage. Their complaints matched up with my concerns though, mainly the Feig/Apatow improvisational "point the camera and have the actors figure it out" style, which I hate.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like James and Mike and Bootsy and all their videos.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

Mordja posted:

I doubt they're really his fans. It's just the usual suspects; edgy 4(orwhatevernumber)channers.

I always lose track of what's edgy and what's mainstream. Around these forums in 2004-2008 it was edgy to make faux news jokes and talk about how much Bush sucks. Then it became edgy to be white but talk abut horrible white people are. I guess now it's edgy to say a movie that marketed itself as 'like this movie or you're a bigot' sucks

James' video was really tame and he didn't deserve a bunch of whiny shitheads like Patton Oswalt targeting him

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I always lose track of what's edgy and what's mainstream. Around these forums in 2004-2008 it was edgy to make faux news jokes and talk about how much Bush sucks. Then it became edgy to be white but talk abut horrible white people are. I guess now it's edgy to say a movie that marketed itself as 'like this movie or you're a bigot' sucks

James' video was really tame and he didn't deserve a bunch of whiny shitheads like Patton Oswalt targeting him

I'm talking specifically about the peeps who harassed the actress on twitter with racist photoshops. I think the new GB looks like poo poo and I think the media's furor to decry anyone critical of it as a bigot is also poo poo fwiw.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
"virtue signaling"

"passionrage"

lol

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Codependent Poster posted:

I agree. Especially on James and Bootsy.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/vrr7BUO.jpg

You guys are right, Leslie was really mistreated

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Hey what's going on in here? This weeks James and Mike was pretty goo...

Oh...

:yikes:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This is her reacting to said mistreatment. You're a bad person, friendo.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

virtue signaling and faux-passionrage

let no man contest his claim to the throne

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
As you can plainly see from this imgur gallery, it is actually the essdaydoublejews who are the problem! I rest my case and thanks for the upvotes!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I can't go a single day without being reminded I'm a thug, terrorist, or drug dealer dragging a whole country down so if you're white and mad someone said something rude about "white people" then join the loving club and stop making GBS threads up this thread.

If I didn't work with computers on a daily basis I would totally adopt James' view that "this is work, and this comfy couch separate from the outside world is play".

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

al-azad posted:

If I didn't work with computers on a daily basis I would totally adopt James' view that "this is work, and this comfy couch separate from the outside world is play".

But that's James's point of view because he works with computers all day. :confused:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

But that's James's point of view because he works with computers all day. :confused:

Doing video editing and stuff, you know actual good distracting work. I babysit users which leads me to browse social media during long downtime and hate myself every second.

BillyBlanks
Oct 5, 2000

Little Mac posted:

This is her reacting to said mistreatment. You're a bad person, friendo.

Coming from someone who's convinced they're a good one

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Very true

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
RE-view

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Please shut the gently caress up about Ghostbusters.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Stop trying to silence feminism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Codependent Poster posted:

Mods, are we going to allow off-topic posts like this in this thread? Thanks

• Locked thread