Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Just looking at adam's twitter for podcast updates and we are missing so much football cliche's content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/FootballCliches/status/1710277666413134254

unfinished business for the football cliches pod

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Is nedum the coolest football weekly member? I love the way he casually dropped in that he introduced kompany to his wife.

Also next week can't come soon enough for football cliches.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

I guess this explains why:

https://twitter.com/footballcliches/status/1712361918508183861?s=43

That's Lineker's company. They're a pretty professional outfit. Could definitely see a paid version coming along soon. I subscribe to their History one and while it's a great podcast, I'm not sure if the paid tier is worth it. £6pm (I think) for 1 extra episode a week and when they do a series, you get them all at once. Not sure how that would translate to Cliches pod.

Wonder if it'll be The Athletic regulars or if they'll expand the pool of guests a bit more.

Edit: Lol, I should have read the first loving reply before posting

https://twitter.com/footballcliches/status/1712361920110473571?s=43

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 12, 2023

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Looks like dave has come back as well.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, happy about that. Big fan of Dave.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

this looks promising

https://twitter.com/AfricanFiveSide/status/1714213675555311870?s=20

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I never realised that Mesut Haaland Dicks was a play on Desert Island Discs

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I hadn't heard about that liverpool player's fake gerrard tattoo. Is it big?

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

I never realised that Mesut Haaland Dicks was a play on Desert Island Discs

Aah gently caress off, is that what it is? I assumed it was something I'd missed from previous episodes.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Almost 4 minutes of adverts before the football ramble today. I'm lucky enough to have fingers so I can skip that poo poo, but, goodness me, even by their own grasping standards that's a bit naughty.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Jon obi Mikel has a new podcast called the obi one podcast.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I just caught up on about a week’s worth of Football Weekly episodes and Jesus Christ the way Max decides to end one of them. Listener discretion advised. I think it was the Tuesday show.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Answers Me posted:

I just caught up on about a week’s worth of Football Weekly episodes and Jesus Christ the way Max decides to end one of them. Listener discretion advised. I think it was the Tuesday show.

Hahaha that was amazing. He really didn't hold back AT ALL.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Perfect Element posted:

Hahaha that was amazing. He really didn't hold back AT ALL.

Oh wow.

Lmao.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Answers Me posted:

Biblically accurate description of norovirus.

Max’s own Munich moment, Niki Bandini was the listener stand-in on the pod at that moment.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Lol, that was great. I rarely make it to the end of Football Weekly these days so thanks for the heads up!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Some tremendous top level Bsrney Ronay content. Just pure anti-joy. Utter misery.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Some tremendous top level Bsrney Ronay content. Just pure anti-joy. Utter misery.

“That sounds like over-sharing”

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Noor Choudry is a v weak FW pundit. He mostly talks about stuff he saw on Twitter during a match. Also has a very high pitched nervous laugh. Contributes little.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

The Perfect Element posted:

Noor Choudry is a v weak FW pundit. He mostly talks about stuff he saw on Twitter during a match. Also has a very high pitched nervous laugh. Contributes little.

Yeah, agree with this. He's not terrible, but doesn't really add much. I don't even know who he is, tbh. I know he has a large following on Twitter and used to always show up in my TL, but is that it? Or is he TalkSport like most of the other guests these days? It gets a bit tedious when guests just go on about their team, too. I know that's probably why he's there, but he seems to bring everything back to Man Utd.

Really like Robyn Cowen as a host (and when she was a guest), though. If Max ever left, she would be a great replacement.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Yeah Robyn is great. Wasted as a motd commentator really, she's very smart and funny.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Jonny Liew is brutal to listen to. Saying Roy Hodgson tries too hard to come off as a genius, and doesn't understand what being a manager is about? I don't really care about Roy but holy :ironicat:

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Yeah Liew is incredibly annoying. He does that thing a lot of people who aren’t as smart as they think they are do, whereby in an effort to show they’ve thought about something more thoughtfully than everybody else, he ties himself up in knots with incredibly dumb takes. He’s basically as bad as Jordan J-B, but nobody notices because he’s more pretentious about it.

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 8, 2023

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Answers Me posted:

Yeah Liew is incredibly annoying. He does that thing a lot of people who aren’t as smart as they think they are do, whereby in an effort to show they’ve thought about something more thoughtfully than everybody else, he ties himself up in knots with incredibly dumb takes. He’s basically as bad as Jordan J-B, but nobody notices because he’s more pretentious about it.

Liew ranting on Ange was the worst segment in a long time. Classic English cynicism unable to handle anyone genuinely upbeat followed by him realizing he's joining the contrarian anti-ange wave thats en vouge so he has to come up with reasons why. I don't know how someone who is a football journalist comes out with the take that there's a handful of managers who use tactics and the rest are "vibesmen". Really embarrassing stuff

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Liew and Ronay should please stick to cricket from now on because they are both dreadful.
Ronay the other week saying that Gary O'Neil sounds like a man has just been divorced from VAR was one of the most mindless takes I've ever heard. Rest of the panel politely chuckle as he introduces the idea before everyone falls silent and we move on.

Jordon JB is an very irritating and has some bad opinions but has made some good points, I think the key is once he starts talking about Arsenal to skip forward 30 seconds

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
After today's episode I'd like to take back anything I said which may have given the impression that Liew is more annoying that Jordan...

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Liew is by far the worst part of FW and I'm at the point now of either not bothering to listen to episodes that he's on or fast-forwarding when he starts speaking. The Ange rant was indeed the most joyless and contrary shite imaginable.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Some great "The Gang turns on max" content this week. Lmao.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Some great "The Gang turns on max" content this week. Lmao.

I thought that was a soft cop-out for the spicy Ange takes by Liew in fairness.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I totally missed jonny's spicy ange takes, what did he say?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jippa posted:

I totally missed jonny's spicy ange takes, what did he say?

https://twitter.com/Shuttsapalooza/status/1727775468311515597?t=-0z2hdTFWhPIcksaub_IQA&s=19

But don't worry he was "just joking"

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

#tfw u realized uve committed to doing a bit and u aint a comedian

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ok I see now, you definitely roll the dice if you do an accent (lol). It's obvious to me as a podcast listener he was doing a bit but I'm guessing the aussies on twitter weren't as charitable. You also get the "guardian journalist" tax which means all the right wing people will put the boot in by default.

I've said this before but I think adam from football cliches is the only person who successfully does regional accents and people take it in the spirit it was intended.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
I think when he says he was 'doing a bit' really what he means is, 'I was trying to show off and be affectedly contrarian to impress my mates', and now it's got out of hand so he's desperately rowing back from it. Storm in a teacup, but quite funny.

I did like Barry getting cross at Max for always depicting him as a hopeless degenerate. Some genuine needle there.

Also, not podcast related, but suddenly Shay Given is everywhere?! He was on motd, Monday night club, and sky's coverage of the Chelsea Newcastle game last night. He's not a bad bloke, but gently caress I don't need to hear that voice several times a week.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lovely bit of genocide denial on Football Weekly tonight

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:

Whorelord posted:

lovely bit of genocide denial on Football Weekly tonight

what was it

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
This was the “how can it be genocide, the population of Gaza is growing year on year” line, right? Yikes.

The Very Special Episodes of FW are rarely good. It’s always a situation where you feel they really should touch upon an issue and then immediately wish they hadn’t.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Answers Me posted:

This was the “how can it be genocide, the population of Gaza is growing year on year” line, right? Yikes.

The stuff that dude was coming out with is some of the most heinous stuff I've heard anyone say in the media, but that particular take was loving sickening. He made them sound like vermin being culled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Answers Me posted:

The Very Special Episodes of FW are rarely good. It’s always a situation where you feel they really should touch upon an issue and then immediately wish they hadn’t.

There was also the classic "Arabs in Israel have equal rights" line which often falls apart the moment you speak to an Arab in Israel.