Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Died at people's pre season lists not having 20 teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
FW has been on a tear recently. Folding a piece of paper in a podcast is definitely a new high.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yep, I did not expect to hear about rohan ricketts on FW. I confidently predicted he would play for england as a youngster. It shows how much I know. :)

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Todays Keys & Gray Corner....my goodness.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I've started unconsciously saying people's names in the Richard Keys voice and it's getting worse

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I hadn't thought about them for about 10 years before I started listening to the podcast. One of the best bits about it is when you hear charlie laugh when he is pre-empting what adam is going to say about keys.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

I've started unconsciously saying people's names in the Richard Keys voice and it's getting worse

Absolutely. I can't hear Jesse Marsch's name in any other way now.

Edit: knew it would be a good one when I saw this yesterday
https://twitter.com/FootballCliches/status/1566818040003665920

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 6, 2022

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
People seem to like football clichés, I guess I should listen! Is it something where I can just dive in with the first episode, or will they be talking in depth about matches which happened ages ago and I can't remember?

I know literally nothing about it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The Perfect Element posted:

People seem to like football clichés, I guess I should listen! Is it something where I can just dive in with the first episode, or will they be talking in depth about matches which happened ages ago and I can't remember?

I know literally nothing about it.

Just listen to the latest ep to get an idea if you like it or not.

e- I just heard the k&g bit. just too much. :stare:

Jippa fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 6, 2022

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

That was an amazing episode. Pearce not having the 'modern' fizzy sweets to the Dyche masterclass.

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012
Predicting that Max will read out 3 [three] hilariuos tweets about Barry not wanting to talk about Europa League games on monday.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Good to see Barry get somewhat called out for his bullshit the other day although he barely admitted any wrongdoing. I do like him and I'm sure he's a good guy, but he's got a controversialist streak and that can allow anyone to be an arsehole. He may have been pissed either, but nobody's allowed mention that.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
What did he do/say?

Ive posted about this earlier, but barry really has some bad boomer tendencies, and it's getting worse imo

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1574076451510358016?s=20&t=DI2XAKlpfHDQE6A_llM-bQ

The question in itself isn't awful, but worded terribly and could definitely be read as dismissive. He then doubled down on arguing with people saying he was out of line and didn't acknowledge the perfectly reasonable response from the guy he was replying to who got caught up in this shitstorm at the worst possible time for him.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
barry glendenning in "doubling down" shocker

i also like him but he'd do well to log off for a while

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Just read the original tweet and Barry's replies (and Harry's replies to Barry) dunno if Twitter is hiding stuff from me but you all need to log off if you're going to pillory him for that.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

you all need to log off

never

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It was the same day as the ireland game during his holiday so on the bevvies like has been said. More understandable but still pretty embarrassing. For an intelligent professional journalist like him you don't accidentally phrase things like that.

Is there a breathalyser add on for iphones?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
He asked an insensitive question in good faith (can't really prove otherwise), but yeah his responses to other people, and the lack of response to Harry, show that he was being a oval office and just wanted a row.

His lack of contrition on the pod was pretty distasteful imo, and it was good that Max didn't let it go.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Barry talking about "comfort dogs" lol.

I think some one must have filled them in during a break on what that actually meant. :dogstare:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I want to get richard key's reaction to this.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1587569452933160961

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

This is a great episode of a great podcast:
https://twitter.com/TheRestHistory/status/1592057903883915264

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Is the football ramble back to 4 people per episode now? Listened for the first time the other day.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

I was at Football Cliches Live last night. Good fun, but the highlight was it taking a few seconds for Adam to figure out why a Dublin crowd would boo a picture of Ally McCoist and then making GBS threads himself a little when he did.

IceG
Feb 7, 2006

Bigger than Hitler - Better than Christ

Ah that sounds great, any good stories that were too hot for the podcast?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

IceG posted:

Ah that sounds great, any good stories that were too hot for the podcast?

It was an adjudication panel really, so more stuff with a visual element like the meaning of certain gestures you only see footballers do and the like.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That sounds fun. I wouldn't expect it to be like a football weekly one with barry and max.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Football Weekly has been good recently apart from having Johnny Liew and Barney Ronay on at the same time.

Made up for with extended Phillipe Auclaire

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Guardian FW doing their absolute best to put their listeners off the World Cup, fair play.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
They should have Ellis on football weekly more. I think bale is the only player I have watched highlight videos multiple times (from his first spurs spell).

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Good FW today I thought. Shireen Ahmed having a go at western hypocrisy around reporting on this Arab and Muslim World Cup without excusing Qatar was a highlight

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Football cliches was really funny this week. I think I actually prefer it now to actually hearing about the football.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Boo no drunkenness on the Football Weekly Christmas special this year

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"After their two footed challenge on Lineker, is the BBC 'not that type of state broadcaster?'"

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I’ll never tire of Barry Glendenning talking down the England national team. Doing god’s work for any non-English listeners

Although I can’t help but note that they said it was a late night recording, and he’d clearly had a few cans

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Yeah it was funny, but he was in full 'pub bore' mode.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The Perfect Element posted:

'pub bore' mode.

"Penalties shouldn't count"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Just out of curiosity, how is the totally football show doing? It seemed like a dud on arrival and also to have no footprint in the wider media landscape.