Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

We are not feeling edgy; the system is feeling nervous.
Lack of Barry Glendenning and Sean Ingle is annoying.

The episode following international week was kind of dull. It was really horrible basic analysis. No fun in it either.

Is the live show this Sunday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

He is still in Germany. I'm not sure for how long though.

He was saying on Twitter that the comments for that last two shows weren't great. There were maybe staff shortages or something. He also said they always 'try to have someone funny + reporter + someone with knowledge and right tone'.

Hopefully the usuals will be back soon.

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

Reminder to everybody that this evening at 6pm in the UK (or just after the Chelsea vs Tottenham game) the live Football Weekly show is on.

There is more info here about how to contact them while they are on air and about the show here...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/audio/2009/sep/16/football-weekly-live-podcast-preview

Should be pretty good. :)

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

MOSF posted:

I downloaded the guardian podcast yesterday and Richardson is still an obnoxious twat. The Espn soccernet podcast is great, it may seem a little dry at first but at least it's a proper football podcast.

Wait, What? When is Richardson ever obnoxious? He is pretty down to earth, mocks his own inability to get a job on TV, doesn't really voice his opinion too much and makes funny puns about everything. I honestly can't think of a better host.

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

They mentioned Barry in this weeks pod. He's in Turkey apparently. Will be back start of October.

Also I hope they don't have the guy from Zonal Marking on often. I already find his articles annoying enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

The tension between Richardson and Sean Ingle is really strange too.

There was a moment towards the end of today's pod when Ingle made a remark about the conference Sid is attending and James Richardson just sounded incredibly pissed off by it. Maybe I'm just exaggerating but it seems like there's quite a few moments like this between them.