Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
World Soccer Daily is wonderful if you like hearing opinions about one match for two hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007

MoPZiG posted:

Anyone know any pods going through the summer? Tried to put WSD on to fill the void but its unbearable. Steven opened the last show basically insinuating that the British are biggots for not crying over CRon's departure and that Stevie G wouldn't have bla bla bla.

You mean you don't want to listen to three months of Steven explaining what he doesn't like about Liverpool fans?

You have no concept of high art.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007

MoPZiG posted:

Its baaaaack

The drought is finally over. No more WSD for me.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
According to their website World Soccer Daily is dead. From what Steven has said, it was because of the crazy Liverpool fans threatening his family. I haven't listened to the podcast but I'd imagine it would have to be pretty serious to just stop the show all together. Wasn't the best but having less coverage in the US is always a bad thing.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
Barry's names for MLS teams were definitely name change worthy.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007

MoPZiG posted:

Aw that was what Football Weekly was missing recently: Fernando Duarche!

As for that Villa Support Group chap...

At least Fernando has the balls to say he just can't stand to see Beckham anymore, instead of the smirking half stepping everyone else seems to do.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
For curiosity's sake; Does anyone still listen to World Football Daily?

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007

Dunbar posted:

Reading through the thread, I see a few people don't like World Football Daily or don't think it's worth the money. I've been a paid subscriber since the day they offered subscriptions and I definitely think it's worth it. Five shows 90 minutes to 2 hours each week is good value for my $5/mo.

As an American continuing to try to follow world football more, it's been a great resource. Granted, I would probably learn a lot listening to any football podcast 8-10 hours a week, but the broad range of stuff they cover on WFD (EPL, Serie A, La Liga, the Championship, MLS, the business of the game, match fixing, player interviews, etc.) makes it a good fit for me. My only complaint is that neither of them is a very good interviewer; Steven especially is bad at constantly interrupting the guests whenever he comes up with some stupid joke which is never funny, and the shaky international phone connections don't help the constant start-and-stopping.

As a percentage how much time is still being spent taking phone calls?

I'd be interested if it dropped below 20 percent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
What good MLS podcasts are out there? I just started downloading Major League Soccer Talk's podcast and it is pretty good. I want to try and get into the league over the Summer.