Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
The Guardian one is so loving great.

The Times one seems like a cheap shitey snidey loving garbage rubbish pishy imitation hosted by a fat unfunny cunting fuckhole with gab marcotti chiming in with his slurpy voiced contrarian "views". Ridiculous.

606 phone in is mental. It gets all the worst fans to phone in and its a bit too cheesy / sugary with Izzy being a bit too nice to all the idiots. I don't listen to Baker's LOL CRAZY WACKY PIRATESHIP, coz its shite. Lovejoy is a oval office but its good when Chelsea are papped out of Champs League and he cries over it. Spoony is bland enough to bother with. Alan Green is insane.

To sum up; the Guardian one rules. I love everyone involved. AC Jimbo, Bazza, Dr Sid, creepy Kevin McCarra, Honegstein, Roney, they're all superb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

DougieC posted:

My friend Paolo semi-frequently drops in on the Guardian podcast to discuss Italy, though whenever I listen it always sounds as though James Richardson is stepping all over his toes because James of course is a big Serie A expert/journalist. I think that's my second-biggest vicarious claim to "fame".

World Soccer Daily is really horrible, but an alternate download site for them is here http://podcast.com/show/1375/ which is a slightly less ugly site.

Bandini? He seems knowledgable in his field.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

The Finn posted:

Gab Marcotti is a massive massive oval office, just a heads up if you plan on listening to his poo poo. He tries so hard to be contentious and edgy your eyes may actually roll out of your head.

He simply can't speak properly. I mean, he can't enunciate. He sounds like he's chewing on marbles, literally all the time.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

gibsonisacripple posted:

Not specifically related to football but it does have some ex-footballers such as Les Ferdinand a couple of weeks ago but Fighting Talk is fantastic. Usually sits on top of the sports podcasts section on iTunes and is basically a sports comedy quiz show for pundits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/fightingtalk.shtml

The adverts for this on the 606 phone in make me hate the gently caress out of it.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
How long until Football Weekly's back :( I need my nachos.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
The football ramble just barely walks the right side of the annoying / not-annoying divide.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Aye this'll be shite. 3 mins past, no update...

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Throwing appreciation on the Football Ramble here. Loving it. It's no Football Weekly but that doesn't mean much.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Ah cool, he's off. I might retry The Game podcast then... though, is Marcotti still on there? He's a oval office of the highest order.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

MoPZiG posted:

Flab is the emcee now.

Flab? Is this a name for Gab?

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Agree completely except I can't say that it's gone downhill (The Game); it was never anything but utterly shite. Gab Marcotti and Phil (though he's gone) are two of the cuntiest cunts I've ever had to (not had to) listen to.

Football Ramble is great for a jokey, while informed, fun football podcast with decent analysis.

Football Weekly is obviously the king. This week was weird, who was that Villa Support Group twat and why was he on it?

Anyway, Duarte rules.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Kevin McCarra is the Sport/Football editor on the Guardian who used to occassionally do the Pods... that who you mean? I can understand him (Scottish though).

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Hate how you can't loving download that.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Doesn't help that the two Jimbo-less have no Glendenning.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

SharpyShuffle posted:

The replacement guy for Jimbo is pretty good, certainly better than ken early, and the cast today was pretty much the A-team (you could drop smyth for one of the johns). They're all a bit smug but at least they know what they're talking about, unlike glendenning or sean ingle

I reckon Ingle and Barry are so much easier to listen to without rolling yer eyes (particularly more than that loving twat Rob Smyth) than Thursday's contributors. Added to that that they seem to posess more charisma and charm than the guests yesterday, it made for a pretty dry show. The stand-in host wasn't bad, he existed, did his job, but I'm looking forward to AC Jimbo's return.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

MOSF posted:

Smyth is by far my favourite football journalist at gu. His Joy of six are great and he is insightful and interesting. (I'm aware that he's a united fan and all that).
I we're talking twats Scott Murray deserves a mention.

He's a scruffy looking oval office.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

MOSF posted:

Matt Scott, almost as retarded as Jimbo.

Exposed yourself a complete toolshed here. Good work!

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Jesus, 10 mins into this new one. gently caress this oval office.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Any decent Liverpool-centric one? I listen to a Celtic one (Celtic Underground) which is usually very interesting; takes on the current drama & gloom, look back at past glories, interviews with authors or Celtic books etc. Very interesting if yer a tim.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I fuckin love AC Jimbo.

Love it more when he moves from neutral host to football enthusiast (the end of the recent pod where they were going on about Foggia) or when he defends Italian football (p constantly).

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

MoPZiG posted:

Sports Illustrated has also just started their own pod. If you are a Grant Wahl fan or American you may want to check it out.

Got a link?

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Has that chap just started following football, coz... seriously. The comment wasn't even really applicable to Ronaldo. It was pretty clearly a Beckham ref.

Anyway, they're (Guardian's Football Weekly are) loving doing a show from Liverpool tomorrow. gently caress off.

I hate these experiments. None have been worthwhile (live, video). The Pod is excellent, don't gently caress with it.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Can't believe so many of you actually thought that was legit Sid.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Jesus Christ, guys.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Told you.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
In all honesty I've not seen that clip nor have I listened to FW Extra, I was lying / joking / bluffing.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
The Ramble is really starting to grate. Am I alone in this?

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Just seems very smug to me. Maybe I'm just jaded, been listening to them for ages now.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
About themselves.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Yeees.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Well, yeah. Including Villa Support Group, Arse-technica and loving Happy Goth (it's you, you are the worst). Hate those loving worthless shithouses.

Stand-in guy was decent, btw. Wasn't annoying, to me, in any way. Held the fort well until AC Jimbo can return.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Finish this sentence: People who comment on websites...

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
tbf they often take the piss out of their own shoddy research.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Ramble's become too wacky for me recently.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

mogues posted:

Put the chants in the bin.

gently caress off Happy Goth.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Jippa posted:

In what way?

You serious? They treat every sentence as an opportunity to squeeze in an awful pun or to fit the acronym "lol" into a word. It's loving cringeworthy at times.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
What did you call me.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Quite right.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Just when I thought I couldn't love him any more, it's revealed he has a George Harrison tattoo. Hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Got this hardon for the French in general so Philipe is great to me.