Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

Barry is good if you can get past the fact he knows nothing at all about football and has no useless insights into anything

at least unlike the other Guardian hacks he's honest about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I wish Football Weekly could trade Steinberg and McInnes for Horncastle and Honigstein

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
In nearly 10 years of listening to Football Weekly I've still no idea who Jimbo supports

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I like how the American guy had to explain to him that no, goalies are not literally unbeatable if they get their angles right

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I can't help but warm to Max Rushden, especially when he brought up Gaetan Bong to just make a stupid joke and got given his life story by two panelists.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I have a super sweet office job where as long as I get my work done my boss doesn’t care if I work with one earphone in, so I quite often run out of stuff to listen to.

It's not so much the time, it's how long can you bear listening to different journos repeat "yeah for me it wasn't a penalty" in one week.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Auclair and Wilson taking a 30 minute dump on PSG-Real Madrid and everything surrounding it was a joy

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Barry was so annoying in the latest ep. The bottom half or two thirds of every league in the world is poo poo.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
He used to have a spot on Talksport ages ago in the bleak pre-podcast era when he would yell at white van men for saying Kaka wouldn't cut it in the Premier League or whatever

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
He was right making the point that past records are irrelevant when the entire team and coaching staff is different from previous seasons. It's lazy punditry. Reminds me of when Sean Ingle was on all the time talking about betting odds and how so and so hadn't won at this ground since 1965 etc

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
My favourite running theme this season has been Max bringing up some LADbible-worthy footy meme of the week and getting nothing from Barry and/or Wilson

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Eau de MacGowan posted:

is the geezer on FW today whose sole contribution to the conversation was it'd be good if England won the world cup because "like, everyone would be pissed for three days" a regular?

I hated that mockney within five seconds of him opening his mouth the first time he was on

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
the Football Weekly guys have (rightfully) defended Sterling from the press targeting so much that they have to delude themselves that he hasn't been poor all tournament

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
wonder if the Guardian will have Marcela back on to waffle about how having the Libertadores final suspended for crowd violence is so unique and beautiful

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Ronay and Wilson are gold together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
congrats Paul Doyle for being the last person to stick with the 'Messi is overrated' narrative in 2019