Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MOSF
Apr 29, 2009
I used to love football weekly but can't stand Richardson anymore. Soccernet has grown in me for the last year and I look forward to their pods these days.
The times podcast is ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOSF
Apr 29, 2009
Unsurprisingly it's yet another ManU lovefest, "It's a minimum of 4 minutes"

MOSF
Apr 29, 2009
I downloaded the guardian podcast yesterday and Richardson is still an obnoxious twat. The Espn soccernet podcast is great, it may seem a little dry at first but at least it's a proper football podcast.

MOSF
Apr 29, 2009
The Scottish guy is called Patrick Barclay and he is generally excellent. The times podcast has got a lot worse though. The good thing about it is that it's not as structured as FW and it feels more like people talking freely ("this is the end of part 2 of Football Weekly" wtf?).
I like FW for its collaborators, Jimbo is unbearable. I remember that time they got that guy from Dublin 106 to take his place as a host. Best guardian pod ever.

MOSF fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 9, 2009

MOSF
Apr 29, 2009

ICA posted:

(particularly more than that loving twat Rob Smyth)

Smyth is by far my favourite football journalist at gu. His Joy of six are great and he is insightful and interesting. (I'm aware that he's a united fan and all that).
I we're talking twats Scott Murray deserves a mention.

MOSF
Apr 29, 2009
Kudos to this week's FW for tackling the "physicality in English football" issue in the way they did.

MOSF
Apr 29, 2009
Matt Scott, almost as retarded as Jimbo.

MOSF
Apr 29, 2009
Barney Ronay's next issue: "England shouldn't win the world cup because of the iraq war. What message would we be sending to the world?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOSF
Apr 29, 2009

Mickolution posted:

Nice one. Are Soccernet doing a preview does anyone know? They haven't released one in ages.

I think this is it:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=376252&sec=soccernet.com&cc=5739