Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Barney Ronay is absolutely loving insufferable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

in fitting with the current discussion on football intolerance, how poo poo Lars is, and podcasts in general lacking content to fit in an hour, i'm glad that Lars informed listeners of yesterday's football weekly that one thousand, four hundred and eighty-eight people have provided google reviews for the next venue of the carabou cup 1st round draw

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

They live in the UK Journalist bubble, where retweets aren't endorsements, Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-semite, and kids these days have it so good with cheap iPhones and avocado toast

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

I actually like Max but they need to get literally anybody else in the Guardian buildings to host episodes where serious racism incidents are discussed. Their "special" on the Bulgaria vs. England game, with him trying to be more serious, was the podcasting equivalent to Gunnersaurus joining in for a minute's silence.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

re: people's problems with Max on Football Weekly, I've been listening through the archives over the summer while redoing the garden and his first guest host appearance was a mix of him being amusing but also him basically showing off all of his relationships with minor celebrities, being a spoiled rich oval office complaining about having to furnish his newly bought London flat, the fact that he can play the clarinet, etc. the following episode the pod discussed how some listener commentary was "never get this snooty prick on the cast ever again", i assume some of the dislike of him is a carry over of this.

Here's the episode for anyone who cares, and the follow-up.

an_mutt fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Aug 28, 2020

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

he ruined it for himself because his joke about Burnley having so many games in hand that they could be the best challenger for City at the top of the league was good. should have quit while he was ahead.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Very funny to hear Max talking about how "a portly middle aged man" came on for Dele Alli in Everton's most recent friendly, I was expecting someone like Barry to make a quip about how Lampard is thinking about becoming player-manager if things get too desperate for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Liew is by far the worst part of FW and I'm at the point now of either not bothering to listen to episodes that he's on or fast-forwarding when he starts speaking. The Ange rant was indeed the most joyless and contrary shite imaginable.