Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mickolution posted:

Football Weekly on Thursday.

About loving time. I don't know how much longer I can last before hearing that jingle, some terrible puns and Sid Lowe in Spain saying "Caveat".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Balls literally exploding off your feet.

Literally turning into a greyhound.

Literally making time stand still.

Literally not having a right foot.

Literally having the ball served to him on a plate.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I like the other Irish guy that talks about French football.

Has he been on this year?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mandalay posted:

The ease with which Jimbo gets trolled by Barry is kind of sad :(

I love it. :) I found Barry's act tiresome after a while, but eventually I got back into it again.

Also, I really enjoy them struggling to fill time in the International breaks. And, did anyone really enjoy the chemistry that Sid has when he's around in the actual studio? He can still be fun on the phone, but in person he seems to be a riot.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

JingleBells posted:

Ah, I was wondering what the difference was - I can see both on my RSS and the airport wifi I'm on is slow so I want to ensure I get at least one copy to listen to on the flight home

As long as the talk about crapping out a turd and putting it in a spurs jersey is still in...

I did love how it's like "And now Sid Lowe in Spain *edit* favourite pizza topping?"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the update. When Barry made a joke about Jimbo playing to the crowd I thought "oh... that's a weird joke considering they haven't had a live show in ages right?"

Then I log onto this thread. And it all made sense.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mandalay posted:

Personally I thought he was a bit disappointed with the contributions of yesterday'd pod guests.

Then again I might just be projecting my dislike of them onto ACJ.

Woah woah woah. You didn't like "He came in his face, it was the money shot if you will" ?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ICA posted:

Fuckin hate Audible and their shite adverts.

They've been running that ad for about a year now, right?

What annoyed me was that stupid world cup song that used to get stuck in my head. "Ooh aah, Cote d'Ivoire" :psyduck:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Football Weekly will be at the Euros. Well, I presume they will be, that's how they got started all those years ago.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Football Weekly was then wasn't doing a pre season pod. So their first one will be Monday the 20th.

Can't. loving. Wait.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Von Linus posted:

I just started to listen to Football weekly. It's really funny, I was pleasantly surprised.

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just quite yet.

That has to be up there with "Blow me, gently caress face" as the funniest cursing in a FW pod.

I don't get the Sid hate, he's got a tough job dealing with the madness that is Spanish football and deciphering all the bullshit. He's actually pretty fun in person too, the two or three times a year that he is.

He actually appears on the odd ESPN documentary on spanish football. And plus, he doesn't make people call him Dr Lowe, which is pretty humble.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hamza posted:

You don't know many PhDs, do you?

Maybe they're just all jerks.

:(

edit: No but seriously, I don't think any of them do either so there you go. I guess I've just never had a 'Sid problem' like some people, and I get how he could drive you nuts if he wasn't your cup of tea.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 2, 2012

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I always really enjoyed it when he's really pumped about something and no one gives a poo poo. "Did you here about Juventus, eh? eh? eh?"

And also Barry's two minute recaps are hilarious. But they happen once a year or so. Also, it's pretty funny how they don't understand why Pirlo would move to Australia.

Money + Easy season + Summer = paid holiday.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:downs:

Barry did a series of videos about the Olympics. I think he's actually funnier on the pod, but each to their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAF4QrBiT5w

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"...but strangely, not related"

"But... they have different names!"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Not being an Arsenal fan, amazingly I still enjoy their podcast. Especially Davies' anecdotes about winning the European cup with Leyton Orient.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That was a good football weekly, with a few gems, namely "Does it have Georgie Best in it?" and Baz having a laugh about Sydney FC.

In addition, Barry's interview with Jimmy Bullard is nice, rather :3:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/13/jimmy-bullard-football?newsfeed=true

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mickolution posted:

Really? I found it really dull.

Well, I'm Australian so A-League talk is fun, and I was listening to it during the middle of a long bike ride so it was just back ground noise, and it made me laugh.

But yeah, I can understand why people didn't enjoy it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"The biggest anti-climax since my uncle's wedding night."

:staredog:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I just listen to it because I've listened to it for years. And I mostly listen to it while commuting on my bicycle. And listening to them jabber on about fat footballers is entertaining while you're on a bike.

I can understand why people get annoyed. I think I'm just a creature of habbit, and I just want to know the basic talking points: Man U has a bad back line, Man City are failing in Europe, Arsenal suck and Chelsea are going okay but will probably wilt at some point.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"[Team X] should just sub [Player Y] on after 30 seconds so he's still counted as a sub but he gets 89 minutes"

Absolutely cracked me up, for some reason.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
People really need to listen to the most recent football weekly.

They'd go on about football then they would side track and go into a really really deep extended joke metaphor about the Viking invasion (The Michael Laudrup of his day!) and then back to football. Please tell me I wasn't the only one who thought this was completely bizarre and hilarious.

You know you are off to a good start when the first thing that happens is someone makes an apartheid joke.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
When you hear Sid and Jimbo in the same room together, you can see that they all get on well. I'm pretty sure it's just Jimbo's indifferent act / Sid taking everything seriously.

Unrelated, my favorite was when they used to tack things on the end of Football weekly. One was them spending five minutes trying to call Sid and the other was Barry saying he lived upstairs from some Footballer's wife/girlfriend that he thought was hot.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 30, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I thought it was "people have been saying we haven't been getting on, which is ridiculous." And then someone made a joke about "Daniel and Barney having a Lawyers tiff"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed "Banter, check!"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/feb/28/referee-one-day-barry-glendenning

Link says it all.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
8 Inch Kock with vibrating head.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sweek0 posted:

He posted it on Twitter.

Only footballer I could find was "de Kock" because google was filtering out "Cock" from the search results. :lol:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't understand, why would I want to listen to FW on Soundcloud?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
quote is not edit

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you are wondering, yes they did just straight up have a go at Thatcher in the football weekly intro. :golfclap:

(golf clap for the unabashed bluntness of it.)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Which explains the running joke of whenever someone says something ridiculously offensive and they'll say "I don't mean to be a Bleeding Heart Guardianista but you really shouldn't say X any more in public" or whatever.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Only covered Italian football for god knows how long but yeah okay.

People get really uppity about a semi-comedy football podcast.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"George Jesus"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Football Weekly is back. :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Natural posted:

Max Rushden presenting this weeks FW :(

And they had a serious case of the giggles, and it gave us "Aston Villa - Title favorites" so really, who are we to complain?

Extra has been good so far also. :)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed "in a list of the fastest internet speeds, where do you think Moldova is?"
"Third"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Drilled in the training sense"

Amazing. Made lose my composure in the middle of a crowded shopping mall.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
AC Jimbo reading out Belgian Club names. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I laughed at when Sid listed his La Liga first 11 someone just said the EPL team would be "eleven players from Stoke".