Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I know it’s audience is potentially limited here but the Peter Schemichel episode of the Man Utd podcast is really really good. Easily the best one they have done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Bundy posted:

Thanks I keep wondering when I see it but ugh the few United pods I checked out ages ago were ghastly so never went back. I'll have a listen :thumbsup:

Good episodes: Schemeichel, Johnson, Robbo, Pallister, Blomqvist (because he seems like such a nice guy).

Basically skip any of the current players as they are too soft and haven’t any good stories.

The Cantona one was a missed opportunity.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
For Irish folk the Quickly Kevin episode with Dara O’Brian is pretty good.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Seltzer posted:

The parched reveal episode on the Peter crouch podcast is must listen.

It was incredible. I was surprised but then...not surprised.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Grievo posted:

Elis James is my favourite pod guest. He's so passionate, it's great to listen to.

Is Barry passionate about anything other than shooting people with water pistols?

He would be pretty into holiday pints

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Yeah he seems like a good lad who means well

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Seltzer posted:

I stop listening when football stopped.... what have the podcasts been doing this entire time and how bad is it.

The Phillipe Auclair interview on Football Weekly was amazing.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

oliwan posted:

I love FW for its football content but man, I really don't care about any of these people's life outside of football.

maybe going to listen to the Auclair one tho, he actually seems interesting

Do as he is really interesting.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Athletico Mince probably dead now after Andy tweeted a desire to chase Cummings (or Gove?) Down the street and kick him in the bollocks repeatedly in front of his wife and kids, which the pearl clutchers have seized upon resulting in his account deletion.

Yeah he had a long day

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Weaponized Cum posted:

If he has sponsors then maybe advocating for violence vs a public figure is not the right idea. Business suicide

He doesn’t have sponsors he has Club Parsnips members like me paying $3/month ftw.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Hmm I’ve just noticed that since Andy melted down on twitter following his Gove “joke” there has been no posts from them or the Mince twitter account. Nothing on Patreon either.

RIP Athletico Mince 2016-2020

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I’ll miss Mrs.Beardsley.

I still burst out laughing when I think of Princess the Mouse

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I got a Patreon message to say they had halted club parsnips payments and wound have news in July

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

It wasn’t bad

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Athletico Mince rarely gets mean but the English Football Managers Dinner Club segment is brutal this week lol

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Less of an international appeal but I’ve restarted listening to the Second Captains football podcast and it’s very good.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I’ll listen to FW most days, The Athletic’s main football podcast, The Athletic’s Man Utd podcast and finally The Athletic Tito podcast. Sometimes I’ll listen to Football Cliches also but depends on the topic.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Jippa posted:

I've been going through the back episodes of football cliches. It's one of the few football podcasts which the older ones aren't stale. Just go and look through the titles/guests and see which ones jump out.

The Turkish Superleague XI one was great

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

I need to be honest I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed myself once in my life as much as Max is enjoying himself in that video :unsmith:

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Simiain posted:

holy lol. I tried listening to it, but the 'eat your vegetables' serious episodes are never very good. Max seemed terrified from the outset.

Do they try to explain why they felt it necessary to make an episode on that topic in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I’d have paid to have them read nothing but Keysie’s blog posts for two hours