Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Have barely missed a football weekly in a couple of years. Listen to The Game most weeks and agree with all the comments so far, they're about the only 2 I bother with, I find all the others posted pretty poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

davidHalestorm posted:

Barney Ronay is pretty hilarious when he questioned the Canadian guest.

EDIT

How bad must domestic Brazillian football must be if they have players leaving for Indonesia? Indonesian football is...terrible

The very top flight of Brazillian football isn't too bad and there's a fair bit of money, the players that go to SE asia and everywhere else are the second and third tier players who are never going to make more than a semi pro career in Brazil if they get a good agent and a niche spot somewhere poo poo can make 100kUS+ a season.

They go from the 89474820349th best player in Brazil to you know, 5 in Indonesia. Also even though the standard is poo poo, you'd be surprised how much money is in clubs in places like Indonesia, they have some pretty big clubs.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Jimbo is just a pure presenter, it's amazing how well he hosts things.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

I've found the times one to have gotten worse and worse lately.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

He lost me after the beach ball incident when he went on this insane rant compare fans with Beach balls to violent trouble makers and people throwing flares in the Ukraine, I've never heard such an out of touch spiel.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

"Sounds like Saturday Nigh at the Wilsons"

started laughing out loud whilst in bed with the Mrs.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

luvd posted:

The new FW is horrible without Jimbo.

Every year he goes skiing for a week and it's a disaster.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Finally gave the Football Ramble a listen today, after listening and loving FW weekly for 3 years I've not liked much else but I think I might like this better. The wide range of discussions and knowledge about different parts of the world and levels of football is great without a LOL Championship LOL kind of attitude.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

I still love FW but granted what I enjoy about it is the random anecdotes (like Jimbo's story about the Bruce family decorating a communal area) rather than the football punditry

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

psyer posted:

At the moment, he seems to have a stable TV gig going for him as the presenter of Sunday Night European Football with James Horncastle, Raphael Hongstein, and Julian Laurens on BT Sports 1. He also seems to always do the World Strongest Man thing too.

He is actually the anchor for Bein Sport (Al Jazeera) international coverage including weekly panel and build up shows which I'd say is a actually a pretty massive gig although it wouldn't have any viability in UK. The show's and analysis are quite high quality too

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Mandalay posted:

This sounds really fantastic, though there's likely a 0% chance I can view this in the USA.

Let this tide you over:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaLQQINTjvA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Devil's advocate is one thing but he's so adamant that all his crazy contraire opinions are so right and doesn't stop smugly belting on about them.

I enjoyed the Max Rushden one, the random anecdotes and riffs when they're funny can be brilliant and breaks up the same chit chat of footy I hear when I listen to 3-4 podcasts a week anyway.