Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

davidHalestorm posted:

Barney Ronay is pretty hilarious when he questioned the Canadian guest.

EDIT

How bad must domestic Brazillian football must be if they have players leaving for Indonesia? Indonesian football is...terrible

money helps, Brazilians are all over Asia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Before the video podcast I honestly had pegged all of them as doughy middle aged men.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I hate that guy from Nebraska who always asks about a Brazlian shirt name.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I know you guys are a lot like me and are keenly interested in minor leagues outside of Europe.

Here's one about the K-League of Korea.

http://outsideview.podbean.com/

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Sad Panda posted:

ooo I could listen and learn why Gangwon FC are so terrible. I live in Chuncheon so they're my local team but got bored of watching them lose every game.

I'm in Yang-Yang nowadays (I just started a new job) and Gangwon at least has some decent support and plays an open game. Teams like Busan and Gwangju (though its different for the Sangmu boys) are just beyond terrible.

the podcasters are all my old Suwon buddies :shobon:

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Sad Panda posted:

I watched Gangwon in their first year. I watched their 2-1 win away to FC Seoul which was a great start. After that they just seemed to drop away and they've not won a game I've seen since. Do you make it to Gangneung to watch them or are you still a Suwon fan?

I've just arrived in Yang-Yang, so I haven't had a proper free weekend to go to Gangeung. I'd like to take in a Gangwon match, they have good support for the K-League but I wouldn't be anything more than an interested neutral unless Suwon was playing.

I saw my first K-League game about three years ago (also my first proffesional soccer game) between Suwon and Seoul. After that I've tried to go to games across all the divisions of Korea, but Suwon is my first team.

Gangwon's team was pretty much the second division team 'Ulsan Mipo Dockyard' brought in almost whole into the K-League, the coach and near half the players all went at once. Which helps explain gangwon's good form early last season, as they already had chemistry and were able to take their opponents by suprise.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Mickolution posted:

Sent an email to the Ramble yesterday. Is it hypocritical that I hope it gets read out considering what I was saying about the Football Weekly fanboys earlier in the thread?

I think part of my annoyance with the Football Weekly posters being read is that is often the same posters being read.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I like Audible but I hate their ads. :smith:

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

ek posted:

The next challenge will be to find some good podcasts for the MLS, K- & J-Leagues, and of course the upcoming Euro2012. Any recommendations?

A couple of my friends put together a K-League podcast, it is pure amateur though, so don't expect slick presentation.

http://www.outsideview.podbean.com/

Here is their blog, which has more contributors and is usually worth a read for some interesting tidbit.

http://outsideviewpodcast.wordpress.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Christ, I just realized that I haven't listened to the Ramble in nearly two years. :geno: