Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/wf/ is mentioned in the OP, but I want to go back to it a moment. In the UK this is on in the middle of the night on the radio, so even we tend to listen to the podcast rather than live.

This is the show that if you're an elitist football fan, "and drat you no-one else I know is as into soccer as me!" you listen to.

Each week they have 2 (occasionally 3) people who specialize in a continent of football. North America,South America, Europe Asia and Africa. And each one of these guys is the best there is on his respective topic. They know the craziest amount of poo poo about their area. Some obscure second division Argentinian? Yeh Tim went to watch him a couple of weeks ago and liked his commitment, and he knows that x, y and z all had scouts at the game because he had a drink with them after the game.

MLS is well covered every other week. Sean is best friends with virtually every body who works in MLS. But he happens to know everything there is to know about Costa Rica, Bermuda and every other tiny little place that makes up CONCACAF.

Europe, Africa and Asia are covered less often than South America, but just as thoroughly when their guy is around. And Dotun Adebayo, the host, is the nicest guy in the world.

Basically, you need to listen to this show if you're a soccer fan. Until you can say you listen to this each week, you're a scrub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Chappers' Premier League Podcast. This was really decent. Not quite as good as Football Weekly, but not far off. The guys weren't as witty, but they had the odd funny moment, and Graham Poll, while a dick, was a fascinating guy to have every week when he was being less a twat and more an insight on referees and the footballing infrastructure.

While Chappers is still around on Radio 5 on much less interesting productions (though I hold my head in my hands and sob while admitting I kinda like Robbie Savage), sad to see his Prem League podcast go.

Anyone know if they have got a new host, renamed the podcast and started for another season? It seems they have just stopped . . .

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 24, 2011