Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Why does the World Football Phone-in think that cutting off half the show is a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Indeed, Jonathan Wilson is wonderful. The most knowledgeable pundit on Football Weekly and fairly interesting. His dry wit isn't always as good as Glenndenning but he's probably my favourite pundit. World Cup Daily was good and I'm looking forward to the return of Football Weekly. The Game World Cup was a complete waste of time so I hope the regular one will be better.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

oldman posted:

I know you guys are a lot like me and are keenly interested in minor leagues outside of Europe.

Here's one about the K-League of Korea.

http://outsideview.podbean.com/

ooo I could listen and learn why Gangwon FC are so terrible. I live in Chuncheon so they're my local team but got bored of watching them lose every game.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

oldman posted:

I'm in Yang-Yang nowadays (I just started a new job) and Gangwon at least has some decent support and plays an open game. Teams like Busan and Gwangju (though its different for the Sangmu boys) are just beyond terrible.

the podcasters are all my old Suwon buddies :shobon:

I watched Gangwon in their first year. I watched their 2-1 win away to FC Seoul which was a great start. After that they just seemed to drop away and they've not won a game I've seen since. Do you make it to Gangneung to watch them or are you still a Suwon fan?

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Cjones posted:

If you're referring to a certain Portuguese fellow then yeah, it's still a stupid idea. Where would he go? Livahpool?

They suggested he would also be heading to Real.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Luke Moore of Football Ramble fame was on this weeks 5Live World Football Phone In instead of Andy Brassell and wasn't terrible.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Yeah this weeks Game podcast was more interesting.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

psyer posted:

I think The Times podcast has gotten significantly better since Patrick Barclays stopped going and started having Rory Smith and Julien Laurens more often.

Definitely. Paddy Barkley was annoying and while Gab has his moments, they generally discuss the games a bit better than Football Weekly does.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Not exactly frequent, but if you like your Jonathan Wilson (who doesn't?) then https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-blizzard/id968673096?mt=2 the Blizzard podcast is quite glorious.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Aww, I liked Rory.

Of course the 5Live World Football Phone-in should be on everyone's podcast list. And I'm going to have to look at that European Football Show, just because Andy Brassell is fantastic.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Same could be said about them considering recording what would be said if Arsenal won and said it'd never happen.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

psyer posted:

It seems like basically all UK newspaper has a football podcast. The Independent has a new one called the "Indy Football Podcast" and the Telegraph has one called "Total Football Podcast" not to be confused with James Richardson's "Totally Football Show".

Here is the RSS feed for James Richardson's podcast.

https://audioboom.com/channels/4921650.rss

Edit: Looks like the Football Ramble's European football podcast will be on Wednesday and will be hosted by Marcus and Luke with James Horncastle and Andy Brassell. It is called "On the Continent".

Here is the twitter account https://twitter.com/otcpod/

I gave up on the Ramble last year but the European one might be worth a listen just for The Top Brass, 5 Lives world football phone in hasn't been as good without him.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Mandalay posted:

Less reason to listen to Marcotti shout over his guests. I'm all for it.

The Game is interesting because they talk a bit about the matches and the discussion can be interesting.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

RideTheSpiral posted:

Barry is good if you can get past the fact he knows nothing at all about football and has no useless insights into anything

And mispronouncing names, quite possibly out of joy. I'm sure he's said Neymar normally before today's mention.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Best thing about the stats guy was telling Barry that he was wrong about keepers being beaten on the near post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

britishbornandbread posted:

I loved stats guy on FW but I really do long for Barry's death and/or retirement.

Or learning to not say Merino instead of Mourinho.