Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

The Perfect Element posted:

Genuine thickening of the atmosphere when he started saying Bielsa was a fraud.

I’m looking forward to the Wilson Bielsa-cast, he has been brilliant recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Ronay and Liew football comedy seems like something Max would propose on Football Weekly as a joke.

I’m sure we’re in for a 8 part series of ‘Inverting the Pyramid’ soon as well.

I would probably watch both.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Jordan Jarret Bryan is terrible why do they keep inviting him on. I mean I enjoy Max ribbing him about the hot takes but he seems to mostly have terrible quite cold takes and quite earnestly thinks Arsenal are great.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

psyer posted:

The Ornstein and Chapman Podcast: Mark Chapman and David Ornstein and some Athletic writers go over a featured article in the Athletic and cover some news and goings on in football and sometime something Arsenal related. On the same feed, Business of Sport podcast, where Mark Chapman and Matt Slater cover a couple of topic that focuses on the business side of sport.

Set Piece Menu: Hugh Farris, Steven Wyeth, Rory Smith, and Andy Hinchcliffe tries to have a longer discussion about a topic that is going on football.

These sound great, cheers!

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

oliwan posted:

Britain is a broken society and the fact the it has totally normalised gambling and betting is a huge symptom of this.

Actually, 'normalised" is even too soft a word, betting companies have now so thoroughly propagandised the populace that it's almost viewed as part of football, i.e. you can't enjoy it without a "cheeky punt" or whatever.

Never forget that betting and gambling are core tenets of capitalism and that it is therefore not surprising it is what it is in the UK. It destroys communities, destroys lives, and every bet widens the gap between rich and poor. Bookmakers add nothing to the world, they only relentlessly take, no matter how "fun" they market themselves to be like paddy power.

Agreed completely, all the big bookmakers now graduating from grimy betting shops filling the gaps in the high street to blanket advertising over every element of football media and that it's both fun and that you, the intelligent football fan would be stupid not to.

I also hate 'When the fun stops, stop' - just reinforces the idea of the fun of betting without mentioning that you will almost definitely come out with less money than you started.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

I enjoyed Max's delight at getting to watch football again.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

The Wilson Sunderland nonsense was brilliant.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Barry is so openly hostile about it, it's brilliant. He tends to bring it up any time anyone mentions traitors or betrayal.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

That's fair enough, I do enjoy the new format, there's just so much of it and it's settled on a middle ground of being not as silly / irreverent as it was, as well as lacking a bit of depth. I don't really like how heavy they have gone with the 4 to score thing as well. Yes I know it's free to enter but come on.

Whereas Football Weekly I find unmissable now because it is very funny and you've also got Wilson, Nicky, Sid, Barney and Archie to provide some depth. Even that racing post guy is pretty interesting.

I listen to a couple of spurs podcasts as well but that's mainly a self pity thing

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Wilson's Ronaldo / Man United rant was top drawer

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Yeah I've really enjoyed Troy on the podcast, offers quite sensible opinions and quite happy to challenge the others.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Football Weekly primarily, occasionally I'll listen to the ramble but mostly On the continent but it isn't the same as it was.
Sometimes I'll put on the Tifo podcast because they tackle some interesting topics, but I could do without the lengthy adverts for the athletic.

I also dip into the Fighting Cock and the Extra Inch as spurs podcasts - FC being blokey and enthusiastic and the Extra Inch is a bit drier and tactics focused which is nice for a bit of club focus.

I keep meaning to listen to the more story focused football podcasts but never settle on anything

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Yeah I can't remember the last time the original 4 were on together and it's just not the same. I fell off the ramble bandwagon when they changed from the acast+ sub and changed the format.

I don't think it's ever the original 4 anymore. It was good when they recorded a bunch of the complaint comments from people (Reddit?) as an intro when they made the change and made it out that people were mostly annoyed that they brought a woman onto the podcast.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Very cool

Ramble 15th anniversary was a bit disappointing, seemed to be making a point of not having the original 4 together. I'd been going back to some of the old ones and you almost pick any episode between 09 to 15 and it's all good.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Whoever recommended Football clichés I can only thank you, consistently brilliant. Laughed out loud at Tony Blair talking about the country being in danger of being relegated, 'are we sleepwalking towards relegation?'

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Thought the announcement was a bit vague, basically the two regular shows Monday and Friday, On the Continent on Thursday and a selection of the other stuff in between. Isn't that what they do now?

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

That was an amazing episode. Pearce not having the 'modern' fizzy sweets to the Dyche masterclass.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Is the football ramble back to 4 people per episode now? Listened for the first time the other day.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Football Weekly has been good recently apart from having Johnny Liew and Barney Ronay on at the same time.

Made up for with extended Phillipe Auclaire

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

And you have to say 'Nay-gelsman'

Tifo podcast is finishing in June - an acquired taste but I've enjoyed it especially their world cup podcasts

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

I never realised that Mesut Haaland Dicks was a play on Desert Island Discs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Liew and Ronay should please stick to cricket from now on because they are both dreadful.
Ronay the other week saying that Gary O'Neil sounds like a man has just been divorced from VAR was one of the most mindless takes I've ever heard. Rest of the panel politely chuckle as he introduces the idea before everyone falls silent and we move on.

Jordon JB is an very irritating and has some bad opinions but has made some good points, I think the key is once he starts talking about Arsenal to skip forward 30 seconds