Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Definitely downloading the Up for Grabs podcast this week. Cant wait to see what Davies made of this shower :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

"Ashley Cole is one of the few world class players in the premier league"

Christ the scouse guy on The Game Podcast is thick as poo poo.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Sports Illustrated has also just started their own pod. If you are a Grant Wahl fan or American you may want to check it out.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Has the subscription-service led to fewer children calling in?

Anyway a bit late but The Chels has been added to Playback Media's Library. Now only Fulham is left wanting in London club's specific pods.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I hadnt ever considered Rooney leaving United until they brought it up on the FW pod. Sir Alex really doesnt like his renegades.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Jimbo needs to eat guys. Get him a solid broadcasting gig or put up with these stunts.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

ICA posted:

Just seems very smug to me. Maybe I'm just jaded, been listening to them for ages now.

The Ramble is best when they can attack British pundit idiocy so on weeks where mum is said they just resort to type. Still hilarious Holloway impersonation this week.

I'm amazed they havent been given a TV deal yet honestly. The show would absolutely work as a 21 minute chat show. Can't be worse than whats already out there.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Heres another pod I just found The Footy Show

Cant be that poo poo if its almost 300 eps in.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Who was the geezer on the GU+ pod? His first comment was that the premiership was awful and then he proceeded to poo poo on everything else in a dire humorless manner. Almost as bad as Paddy Barkley.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Vickery keeps bigging up Erik Lamela

Looks a player

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Shouldve put Kevin Davies on the bid committee.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

If you want a laugh check out the EPLTalk podcast this week. These cunts try so hard to be contrarian and anti-media that they concede theyd rather go to the World Cup in Qatar than the USA.

:golfclap:

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Allows dull regular callers to spend minutes prattling on with banal pleasantries and facebook status updates.

Reprimands football experts Vickery, Brassell etc. for giving lengthy, interesting answers that expound on all manners of the game.

Is DJ Doton Adebayo from WF Phone-in

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I am with you guys on the commenters but Rushden really lost me when he acted all surprised when one of the other podders would use notes or relevant statistics. What does he think sportscasting is really? Blue peter?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Now I have a reason to root for Spurs. Fernando 'Torres' Duarche :)

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Has Rafa always been known as 'Honey Stone' or was this the first time Jimbo called him that? Hilarious.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Barry finally got to Phillipe during his League Un roundup.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Soccernet is alot better than The Game. I find Paddy Barclay insufferable even when I agree with some of his ideas.

One podcast that probably runs through the summer is Beyond the Pitch. Its a decent interview show. Theres probably a bunch of MLS podcasts thatll hold steady but who cares right?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

The Game's quick hits section is also a joke. You dont need time constraints on a podcast and interrupting a response with a loud horn or rattle aint easy on the earbuds. Dont know what Marcotti was thinking on that one.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Soccernet was same as ever

How to make your pod more dull - add another navel-gazing Arsenal pundit.

hadji murad posted:

The Football Japan Minutecast is hosted by a really nice guy, Ben Mabley, who gives you the dirt on the past week in a number of minutes you can count on your hands.

Here is the link or just use iTunes.

http://minutecast.footballjapan.jp/

Thanks for this, I really have to compile a proper list and update the OP.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Always knew there was something up with Greg Ruffley. Taking your wife's name :wtc:

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

So has anyone figured out which club Jonathan Wilson gave advice to over a Eastern-European based striker? Was it WBA and Odemwingie?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Anyone been listening to The Anfield Wrap? I'm pretty close to giving up on it, bit biased even for me.

All these fancasts are only really interesting to listen to after a disastrous result.

God I wish Alan Davies was still doing a pod after Arsenal's 2-8 defeat.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

you guys should start your own 'sensible scouser' pod then.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Big Piece O poo poo posted:

My all-star FW group is Baz, Philippe Auclair, and Rafa Honigstein.

Paolo Bandini and Amy Lawrence are pretty good too.

Um...where is the love for Fernando Duarche?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Nimmy posted:

I'll second this, I really like Men in Blazers.

James Richardson:Puns::Roger Bennett:Similes

Maybe it's a little Americanized, but I don't really get that feeling. Of course, I'm an American.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I can't stand this show and always have to clear it from my weekly Grantland pod feed. As far as I can tell the hosts are just some doughy expats who regurgitate standard tabloid generalities.

I'd be more tolerant of MIB I guess if Grantland didn't care much about football but the site's written content on the sport has gotten pretty good.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I am Bob posted:

Alan Davies when he does his completely over the top Giroud "impression" has been the best thing so far this season. It never fails to make me laugh.

DID YOU SEE THAT? WOW!

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

ragle posted:

At least Sid brings a lot of content. I've been zoning out during the past several Football Weekly podcasts as they just.. don't.. say.. anything.. it goes nowhere and then it's over.

I have been zoning out too but I just think its all the result of pretty dull season and the hangover of 2 great sports events from last summer.

The big sides are winning without playing particularly well, Soton and Reading look no-hopers, and the middle class (save for Everton/WBA maybe) are all playing pretty dull, inconsistent stuff. Add this to all thelovely racism storylines. Not surprised FW is a bit dry given the material.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I like listening to Alan Davies' podcast after Arsenal lose.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Tangentially related to Guardian/podcasts - what happened to the Secret Footballer?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Agreed. Would have said FW in the past, but The Game's a lot better these days.

If Paddy Barclay and the scouse guy are still on then this cant be possible.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

ragle posted:

The Spanish Football Podcast was surprisingly good: https://soundcloud.com/thespanishfootballpodcast Sid Lowe somehow not longwinded

....they couldnt up with a better podcast name then that?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Jippa posted:

Not really. I'm also looking for some thing like the ramble (as in fan made rather than an outlet).

Because Arsenal are a shambles I truly enjoy Alan Davies and co. losing their minds on the Tuesday Club even though I am not a gooner.

Listened to the first ramble of the new season. Surprised they are closing the DWHoF and not replacing it with anything. Burnout?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

If you hate your ears and your eyes you can begin watching Grantland's Men In Blazers World Cup Previews:

USA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vd-SQUaY_g

INGERLUND: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAKlcuIqqN4

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Are there any good World Cup specific ones at the moment or coming up? I don't think Baddiel and Skinner are doing one this year, are they?

It'll Go To Penalties: http://playbackmedia.co.uk/podcasts/itll-go-to-penalties/

Hosted by Playback Media so if you listen to Stop Hammertime, Tuesday Club, Spurs Show etc, or any of the larger fancasts you may recognize some of the voices.

Anyone else have any good worldcup pod pics - preferably very partisan..

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

blakout posted:

In semi podcast related news the Men in Blazers are going to have a Monday night show on the NBC sports network. http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/men-in-blazers-jump-to-nbc-1407714244?mobile=Y I'm really interested to see if the podcast transitions to television.

I really hate these guys but they seem to be super popular after the World Cup. What gives?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Ramble and Football Weekly are baaack

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

On FW they suggested that there are new allegations against Blatter that havent been cleared to print on the newsies yet. Any leaks elsewhere?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Just stumbled upon AC Jimbo's film reviews. Brutal n great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pXSo1b2ZfA

Give the man a network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Alexei Lalas created a podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/mutant-gene-podcast-alexi/id1101874962?mt=2

If you hate yourself I guess you could listen to it.