Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

We turned a filthy but otherwise intact carburetor into this sparkling pile of parts.

Maybe it will become a carburetor again after the rebuild kit shows up! (?)

Also dropped a fuel tank to clean out a thankfully small puddle of varnish.

We got the top side pretty nice and clean but the bottom side needs more blasting and scraping to get the remaining patches of undercoating off. Once that's sorted it'll get rattled canned and all new rubber.

Speaking of which, boy that sure seems like an unnecessary number of vent lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

shy boy from chess club posted:

Pulled the valve cover to do the trunnion bearings and it looks minty fresh in there, happy with that. It'll be nice to get rid of the ticking since otherwise this engine is really quiet.

Sup minty fresh LS buddy. :hfive:

mine was a couple months ago but i didn't post about it so it still counts

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I did this.

I am also nowhere near done doing this. gently caress previous owners forever.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

This is only car adjacent, but I lubricated the slides on my old toolbox today. The recommended service interval on that is once every 20 years, right? :ohdear:

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

heffray posted:

Corvette loud

I haven't tried this personally, but I've heard good things about this kind of trunk separator and reducing road noise by blocking off the big cavern sitting behind you.

https://www.amazon.com/Corvette-Compartment-Divider-Partition-Embroidered/dp/B086QLNQB8

I plan to give it a try if I can find a plain, non-Boomered out version.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Took the NC out of hibernation today.

Lowering a Miata's driving position by a total of 4 or 5 inches is wild and rules.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

heffray posted:

C5 Stuff

Every post you make about your car makes me want to do more to mine. Those headlights look rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Hell yeah more AI Scout stuff. Get that thing running so you can tell me if the Borgeson steering setup is worth it.