Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
Stripped the rest of the paint off my initial failed paint job on my new Garage Vary lip. Sanded her down with some 600 grit, gonna do it real proper tomorrow. I will never trust the monkeys at Autozone again :argh:

Also coming in the next couple days: Megasquirt install (AFM removal, whoo!) along with timing belt/fluids/cam seals :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
Drilled some holes in my passenger side floor and bolted up the Megasquirt.. gonna run all the hoses tomorrow and hope I don't blow my engine up.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Oneiric posted:

Got my new wheels on...had to roll the fenders a bit but all good now.
Volk TE-37 9.5 +40 front 10.5 +45 rear.

Click here for the full 1963x1575 image.

Click here for the full 1621x1296 image.

Beautiful, can't get enough of concave TE-73s

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Cage posted:

I can't wrap my mind around thinking that your car actually looks nice. Maybe a museum will buy it from you :D

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Did the rear brake pads/rotors on the BMW, and the factory jack failed/broke/twisted itself to death while I was jacking it up to put a jackstand under it. The car rolled forward, nearly crushing my legs and my son who was watching from apparently too close. I've never had my legs get so dirty working on a car. It's truly amazing how much brake dust the drat thing gives off. Unfortunately, it took so much out of me to do this (my first mechanical job since my accident) that I didn't even have the energy or will to take it for a test drive.

Oh, I also broke a mallet getting one of the rotors off. The car loves me.
drat! How were you jacking the thing up? I can't imagine having to get your limbs beneath the car to jack it, but I'm glad you're alright. Also next time you take the rotors off, try screwing a bolt into the hole in the rotor, it'll pop right off.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Artworks Dewa gauge faces, KG Works cluster :smuggo:

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

Without the stupid stars it would look pretty good, though.
That's the best part!

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Replacing the OEM Pagids that squeal at all temperatures and speeds with some EBC Reds. Also unhappily found out that the backing plates are not machined correctly in the rear and the wear sensors don't fit, but for how much driving I do, I'm not terribly worried about it. Jacking up a car with this much rear weight bias still gives me the willies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

honda whisperer posted:

What is happening with the jack? It looks like a slip over stool/stand.

Yep, the jackpoints. They're super convenient in this case, you can jack the rear with the jackpoint, place a flat top stand under the front and repeat on the other side, lift the whole car in two jacks. Only downside is limited ground clearance, but I don't plan on pulling the motor myself if the need arises in this case.

Also they're loving expensive, no way I would have paid retail but I grabbed a used set on Rennlist for relatively cheap. If you bought a full set you might as well just get a Quickjack at that point.