Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I was really big on modelling in highschool and undergrad. However, I just don't have the time for it anymore. :( I really would like to try an get back into it though. I used to do 1/35 military stuff (mostly tanks and APCs). I've been thinking about doing a 1/32 plane or something maybe. Part of the problem is having the space to store the completed kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I haven't built any models in a while and I'd like to get back into it.

I used to have an external mix, single action Badger 350 airbrush but I'd like to get something nicer. I was looking at a Harder & Steenbeck Infinity Two in One or maybe an Iwata Eclipse CS or HP (not sure what the difference is between the two)

I've read that the H&S airbrushes are really nice they can be difficult to use if you don't have a lot of experience and the Iwata airbrushes are easier to use.

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? I build a wide variety of stuff; 1/24 cars, 1/35 military, 1/32 aircraft, etc.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

What everyone using for airbrushes? I’ve used an old school Badger 350 single action siphon feed for a long time but I’d like to get a nice dual action one. I have looked at air brushed in a while and there’s seems to be a ton of different models. I don’t have a set budget but $250 or so is probably as much as I’d want to spend unless there’s a good reason to pay a bit more.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Symetrique posted:

The Paasche talon is a popular budget dual action with users in this thread. The GSI Creos/Mr Hobby airbrushes are produced by the same OEM that Iwata uses, so they're probably the best value right now since you get Iwata quality without the price. I'd recommend starting with one of their .3mm dual actions (PS-289 or PS-274), which usually go for around $100.

The standout Iwata (without a Mr Hobby equivalent) is probably the HP-CS, since it has a less finicky nozzle than most Japanese airbrushes. H&S is also a comparable option.

At like $250 I think you're better off going for one of the ~$100 .3mm airbrushes and saving that extra ~$150 for other supplies (or another more specialized airbrush once you have more experience).
Thanks. I had been looking at some Iwata and H&S models but I hadn’t checked out the Paasche Talon.

I can get a few different size needles and swap them depending on how fine or wide I need the spray, correct?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. I’m going to check out the Iwata HP-CS too.