Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

One thing I really like about animoog is that I can set the keyboard to a particular scale and it'll only show those keys. Is there a way to do this with ableton? I know that I can use the scale midi effect to force midi input into that scale, but what I'm looking for is all keys going to different notes in the scale, as opposed to just making "s" and "d" both play an E or whatever (I'm using the computer keyboard, not a midi controller)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Awesome, thanks y'all!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

OK another question! When I'm fading out a track (whether I do it through the Analog volume parameter or the Mixer track volume parameter), it gets all weird and clippy at lower volumes rather than fading out smoothly. What am I doing wrong?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Oh jeeze, I had a receive that was reverb+gate and was sending stuff through it. I haven't been able to test it, but I bet that was it.

I'll have to look up messing with clip fades, but will give it a shot! Thanks!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

That's what focusrite says, at least. I don't know if I trust it, but I didn't distrust it enough to not buy an 8i6

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

They did for me, too. My order was in the middle of March and they refunded me the night before last I think.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Dang, I got Animoog set up as an external instrument in Ableton and it is so great. I can't believe it, but network MIDI works perfectly and with almost no latency. After the disaster that was bluetooth MIDI, I didn't have much hope. I feel silly for waiting so long to try it out!

I'm probably going to end up getting a new computer in the next year or so; is network MIDI this easy and awesome on Windows, or is this specific to Mac? I

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I think of patches as creating an instrument. Nobody's gonna dunk on someone as sounding "unoriginal" because they didn't customize their sax or guitar or piano, so I don't see why a digitally-created instrument would be different.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Launchkey/launchpad mini maybe? I just got one of those and it's fun

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I dunno but I forgot to start the splice app or wtfever runs my serum rent to own and the track with midi recorded still played with the right serum settings even though serum wasn't even showing as loaded

Ngl it was spooky

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Did you accidentally set a filter in the search bar?

Ableton can be a real pain when it decides a plugin is broken. I've had that happen with unsigned plugins on OSX - it was really obnoxious getting it to try again to see if I'd signed it correctly. I don't think I ever found a way to reset plugins' status - ended up deleting the plugin and recompiling

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Splice is the worst

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Nice! I had a similar experience in that I bought Suite 2 or 3 weeks before their big "stay home, make music" sale at the beginning of the pandemic. I sent 'em an email and the next morning they'd refunded me the ~$100 difference.

I mean, it makes sense that the company selling really expensive end-user software would have good support and take customer happiness seriously, but I was still surprised when the response wasn't "lol sucks to be you, pay me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Carmant posted:

Any way to get these:

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/classic-synths/

anymore? I am assuming they just straight up won't work in live 11 even if you could find the download elsewhere, which sucks.

Download was greyed out, then I logged in and now it's available. I'm on my work computer, though, so I'm not gonna download 'em. I also have 11 Suite