Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I've had the regular Drinkwell fountain for almost ten years, but the motor is getting really bad.

https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Drinkwell-Original-Pet-Fountain/dp/B00063446M/

I'd just as soon replace it with the exact same thing, but are there any advantages to the "platinum" version?

https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Drinkwell-Platinum-Pet-Fountain/dp/B000L3XYZ4/

Looks like it's just bigger?
I don't think I need bigger, the regular one lasts three days in summer and three-four in winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

Could you not just buy a small fish tank filter motor and replace the old one?

Probably, but a lot of other parts are wearing out/worn, so I'm thinking a full replacement is the way to go.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My cat likes her butt being touched. Sometimes, when I'm laying in bed, she wont' even face me, she just sticks her butt towards me, so that's all I can pet.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

What's the thread opinion on the Purina Tidy Cat Breeze litter system?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001411SK0/

I just got it on a the recommendation of a friend, going to give it a try. My cat is a heavy pisser, so the Pretty Litter just didn't work out.

Speaking of which...
Free to a good home: 1 starter bag of Pretty Litter kitty litter.

https://prettylittercats.com/

I don't want to pay to send it back, as it's a monthly subscription service. Must come get it in the Boston area.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My kitty has some dry skin, looks like the two options are spray for her coat, and fish oil supplements.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these, and what would you recommend?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I adopted a feral rescue, he spent the first month living inside my recliner. While he has come around to me, and is very loving, he still hides from most people.

I bought a LitterRobot, and it's been worth every freaking penny. Those first few weeks, the alerts on my phone from the Litter Robot were the only reason that I knew he was still alive. And eventually gaining some weight! (he was SKINNY, but looks great now)

Anyway, LitterRobot 4, recommended. Almost perfect.

I have named him Gilligan, because he is my Little Buddy.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Does anyone have a list or a link to a list of developmental milestones for kittens?
Like where they should be at different ages?

I've had cats all my life, but I usually adopt adult cats, so these are my first kittens in 40 years.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

an iksar marauder posted:

My cats use the litter robot but also claw at the liner, and I can’t turn on automatic mode because they get upset by it

Still worth, and they send replacement liners for free

I did not know this, thank you!

One of my new kittens likes to claw at the liner, but not too badly. Good to know it's replaceable.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Yeah just ask them. If you're under warranty they'll send you one. I did this recently for my LR4, and they also sent me the taller fence for free because it didn't actually exist yet when I bought my LR4.

I've had very good interactions with them both online and in person (I spoke with several employees at CES last year and they answered all my questions).

Taller fence?

Maybe we need a LitterRobot Owners thread.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

an iksar marauder posted:

Yeah you just send them a picture and they'll ship you a new one for free. You should do what I did and ask for 2 replacements so you always have one ready. If they don't want to give it to you just lie, it's not like they check

Thanks for the taller fence tip, getting one

Yeah, I just ordered one, too. I feel a little screwed by the timing on this one, they should have sent me the improved one for free, or just for shipping, or SOMETHING.

My current fence is just about the only mediocre part of an otherwise almost perfect design.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My kittens got fixed last Tuesday.

The girl's scar is healing, no swelling or bruising or anything that looks infected, but it's dry and crusty. Would it be ok to rub a little neosporin into it?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My little baby got a seroma, 12 days after her fixin'. So I've been cradling her and holding a hot compress on her belly.

Never experienced this before, how common is it? Seems odd to happen so long after surgery. Any permanent effects?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

Quill had this and the vet people were very much not concerned at all. Here is what hers looked like:

It didn't seem to be uncomfortable for her just irritating with the sutures there. It went away on it's own after a week or 2.

Ok, your cat's looks a little worse, because of the sutures. My cat got glue on the outer layer.

It's been two weeks, shes going to for a check in if this doesn't stop soon.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My anxiety boy needs his feliway. I used three at once when I introduced the kittens, but now that I've weaned them off the Feliways, his anxiety is back, even though everyone gets along swimmingly.

Looks like they sell Feliway collars, anyone ever use one of those?

phosdex posted:

It is dumb that the only notification is when the drawer is full. How about notifiying me when it's 50 or something.

You can look at the app at any time, it gives you a percent full, and a visual on how much litter has been used up.

Besides, after a few weeks, you should figure the rhythm of the thing out. Now that I have three cats, it's every 4 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

seiferguy posted:

If he's got anxiety maybe he might need something more than feliway? My cat has anxiety and I have him on fluoxetine which helps a ton.

The Feliway is highly effective for him, which is why I was considering the collar.

But yes, I suppose I could look into medication.