Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Dango Bango posted:

Also from SharpTone, new Loathe (this band is growing on me like crazy):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcb28aqJjo

I'm seeing them tomorrow night! They're excellent live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Eight Is Legend posted:

The vocals remind me a bit of Misery Signals, could that be it?

It's like Misery Signals meets Rivers of Nihil. Slaps

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The new Ingested has guest spots from ya boys Vincent Bennett and Matt Honeycutt for those interested

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

There isn't a single BLEGH so it's nae fuckin Architects record

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

But, anime

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Do we gently caress with Bonecarver in here because their new one is also the poo poo

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

ShoogaSlim posted:

howard jones was in kse sure but he's FROM blood has been shed. show some respect]

yeeeeeop
Every time I listen to Jesus Piece's new tape it makes me want to spin Spirals

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Some real nostalgia bombs in there. Particularly Beyond the Sixth Seal, Dead To Fall and Hamartia, jesus

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Shooga's post sent me through a time rift to the mid-00s and I rediscovered this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o21bsokX7s

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Chatting to my boys tonight about the aforementioned golden age of metalcore, and a conversation about how much instrumental tech poo poo like Animals As Leaders suck turned into a tribute about how much this album bangs:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGZ11jE8mBFIRMbujmTnlKHFJJ4rEhL2h

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Eight Is Legend posted:

This new God's Hate album goes so fuckin' hard, I love it.

This drags knuckles so much its arms are stumps

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The new Mental Cruelty hits the spot. Someone got melodic black metal in my BREEcore and I like it

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The new Lorna Shore song gets real stupid

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

It's cool that each track on the Lorna Shore tape gets increasingly viking metal

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

muike posted:

do you mean amon amarth core or at the gates core

No, I mean the synthy melodic stuff, like Equilibrium or Turisas

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

TLDR for the ETID split is Keith dressed and sounding exactly like Neil from the Young Ones walking onto to the tour bus saying "uhhhhh guys I hate to break up your bourbon orgy but I kind of need to do my mindfulness right now?"

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Eight Is Legend posted:

How are we feeling about the new Malevolence album?

It's good when they sound like Unearth, it's bad when they try to sound like Pantera

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

1 2 3 do it

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

World's most ignorant album just dropped

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

If he's truly learned the error of his ways, then he won't hire another hitman to murder the woman currently suing him for blowing her up in a bonfire accident. Tim(e) will tell

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I try to avoid social media these days, but in my experience a LOT of metal/hardcore fans on- and offline are pretty uncritically supportive of anything their favourite band says or does. Bands like Parkway Drive, Wage War, and especially BMTH (to the point where they're co-headlining with Arctic Monkeys) are doing complete Ship of Theseus replacements of their sounds, and it's just called "evolving". Tim Lambesis can try and murder as many women as he likes as long as AILD keep writing breakdowns.

The fact that the same treatment seemingly isn't extended to a band with as much media and public goodwill behind them as Architects speaks volumes about how massively they've poo poo the bed

Sam Carter posted:

People nowadays are so entitled.

Lmao ok boomer

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Going to see Despised Icon, Decapitated, Oceano, Distant, and Viscera tonight!!!

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Oceano are really, really loving good live, and I've never cared for them on tape

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

You can't see the band moving on tape :shrug:

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Trip report:

Viscera: very good. New album in Spring will slap
Distant: loving hell
Oceano: loving hell
Decapitated: lmao
Despised Icon: pretty good for a band with a combined age of over 500, but they should play more old stuff

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Huh, I thought that Brendan's "get off my lawn" thing was a Twitter bit. Just stop touring if you hate it so much

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Probably check out Mental Cruelty and Brand of Sacrifice

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The Slaughter To Prevail frontman might be (or have been) a neo-Nazi but that's all I can think of. And they loving suck anyway and don't really sound like any of the bands mentioned.

2nd wave deathcore had a big edgelord misogyny problem but even Waking the Cadaver write lyrics that sound more like Dying Fetus these days

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Thy Aren't That Gender

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Sleep Token got doxxed and deleted all their social media

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Wamsutta posted:

Hopefully they also delete their band

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Kenshin posted:

I really wanted to see the Ov Sulfur/Mental Cruelty tour but here in Seattle they are playing in the total shithole venue El Corazon and the tickets are over $90 so gently caress that. If they were in a decent venue I would pay that I guess

I just checked on seetickets and it's like $23 with service charge so maybe there was a typo somewhere