Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

ShoogaSlim posted:

Hahaha it's a solid line. In my defense the last guy just posted the one song. Mine is the full stream :cool:

To make up for it - here's Ingested's new album stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w4Yji4h6qw

yeeaauuughh god man I was blasting this at the gym the other day. Certainly their sickest tape to date, although I kind of miss the disgusting song titles/lyrics from the first album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Not to pile on, but I liked the first couple EPs or whatever from The Last Ten Seconds of Life and this new stuff, in addition to their last new tape, sounds kind of bland and toothless. Their old stuff was pretty generic deathcore but it was certainly in the mid to upper tier of the no-name Blogspot bands of the day. This is just... well like the last poster said, kind of like later Six Feet Under. It's just kind of dull and has lost its edge. It feels like the kind of tape that nobody would give a second glance if the band didn't already have a respected name.

HOWEVER, here is another no-name Blogspot band who was mentioned in the thread already, but with a specific song that I think most people here will enjoy. I especially dig the wild variety of guest vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av-aljuzG2Y

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

If you aren't lifting weights and listening to old Bury Your Dead records literally 100% of the time then what are you even doing

"Tonight I drink myself into a loving coma,,,,"

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Rabbi Tupac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGruQrUA-TU

You dudes have probably heard this before but if you haven't it's time to check them out.

This band is worth the price of admission for having a gym song where a dude shouts "COWARD STAND BEFORE ME SO YOU CAN DIE ON YOUR FEET!".

This is pretty rad but I'm 99% sure I heard another song with that exact lyric...gotta think of what it was though.

Here's another good gym music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHn_EXSR_x8

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

So LGND finally dropped their record. it's where DL (Acacia Strain) landed, Chad Ruhlig (For the Fallen Dreams) is the frontman. It's like Bury Your Dead meets Meshuggah meets Sevendust. I'm feeling it except honestly LGND shouldn't have cleans. DL sings the cleans and you can tell he's channeling the guy from Sevendust hard as gently caress. He produced the record and it's less muddy wall of sound than DITOM so that's good. Still, legit angry weightlifting murder album.

My jam on this tape is The Screaming Screen http://youtu.be/P1iPRVy0zaQ

Bout time. Since when are they called LGND though?

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Whoa what the gently caress? This clean singing is actually pretty good! He sounds like ya boy right here, Howard Jones. :pwn:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Yeah I checked out a few songs and some of the riffs are pretty good but I found it pretty boring overall. Oh well.

I like it :c00l:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

While you chumps were busy falling into shoogaslim's latest web of pointless arguments, Heart of a Coward came out with a new tape. Ram this into your assholes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-h3c2VnA7A

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Apparently All Shall Perish has a new album coming. I basically discovered them while they were on their way to falling apart so this is good news to me!!

But who da vocalist now?!?!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Turns out Eddie came back to All Shall Perish! (at least for this album, the article says he's still full-time vocalist for Suicide Silence)

fuckkkkkkkkk

http://www.theprp.com/2015/10/21/news/all-shall-perish-return-with-original-members-eddie-hermida-ben-orum-more-following-legal-dispute/

:gizz:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Kezia was the first tape I heard by that band :c00l: I did not like Fortress as much. But Volition sure was good!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Volition is great. Really the only album I don't like by PTH is the one they released inbetween fortress and Volition...I forgot the name of it...Scurrilous?

That one is better than Fortress :c00l:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

crondaily posted:

If this was 2010 I'd be jealous. In this day and age you should be jealous of me for NOT being there.

Bring me the horizon is good and your opinion is bad.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

crondaily posted:

You dislike one album here and...

;) Jk mostly. Although the second Suicide Silence tape is really similar to the first and has some pretty good songs!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Also, listening to this BMTH live tape makes me want to go see them too. Even though the crowd is probably 70% obnoxious teen girls, the energy and "audience participation" is pretty amazing. Generally speaking i think they have gotten better with each tape, Sempiternal being the best by a wide margin, though That's the Spirit is more of a sideways move. Out of all the bands recently who have gotten tired of playing metalcore and switched to regular rock, they are the only ones I can think of that are actually doing it really well.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

This is very true. Dumb teenagers galore. A couple of girls a few people in front of me got into a fight over one of the drumsticks at the end. One with a selfie stick to record (thankfully only) parts of the show. Another with a freaking iPad. There was one point where the selfie stick was recording the iPad recording the show.

:negative:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Back in the day it would have got smashed the gently caress up. These days every fuckin loser is obsessed with gigs being "safespaces."
Liberal fascism is pretty hilarious and it's taken over anything remotely resembling hardcore.

This is a retarded post. Additionally, I enjoy not being elbowed by sweaty shirtless fat guys sometimes when I am at a show.

Furthermore, selfie sticks are the worst.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

I recently began to blast Pandora while lifting. An Acacia Strain channel played me some Thy Art is Murder for the first time and their record Hate is super dope, so then I set up a TAIM channel and have also enjoyed the sweet riffs of such acts as Suicide Silence, Chelsea Grin, Volumes, and Rings of Saturn. Basically, while I am 2000andLATE I'm enjoying some new crazy workout music quite a lot :cool:

I can't believe you never tried Thy Art is Murder before....but still, :cool:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Holy War sounds a lot like a For Today tape but with opposite lyrical themes. On the other hand, the new For Today tape is pretty rad and sounds a little different than before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ayvdtZJl0k

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Broken Lens is my favorite off the new album by far. Going to see them on Sunday with Fit For A King, Gideon, Phinehas, and Silent Plant. Show's going to be brutal.

UUUUUUUUU Silent Planet is amazing. That whole lineup is a pretty hot selection of great jesuscore bands (nothing wrong with jesuscore).

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

I was actually going to post about lifting jams last night because I had an extra productive gym sesh.

For me, Hate never really clicked, but Holy War has felt way more consistent. I think, overall, TAIM is kinda boring, but they're heavy as hell and it helps with reps so.

I almost exclusively listen to "The Dot" by I Declare War when attempting deadlift PRs.

Black Tongue, Knocked Loose, Desolated, Beneath the Massacre, Nasty, and Code Orange all help round out my Gym playlist.

And of course The Acacia Strain's "The Impaler" is one of the best lifting songs ever. That and "Whale Shark."

First Blood's tape Silence is Betrayal has been my lifting go-to whenever i am in dire need of gains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHdeu-yCxDw

Heart of a Coward and Acacia Strain and Parkway Drive (the "real" albums) of course. Also the breakdown in this song is made from concentrated muscle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eFjdBE-DlA

If I were God we'd all be dead,,,,,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Broken Lens and Foundation live were absolute madness last Sunday. And that's after Fit For A King wore out the crowd.

Relevant to both this comment and also bench pressing with the holy spirit, this band is wild and also this song features ya boy from FFAK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFcj66ZMuzY