Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
BTBAM tomorrow :neckbeard: first time I've actually waited for an album to come out in the last couple of years, the excitement makes it worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I noticed someone had said "poor A7X" on their facebook so I mentioned how lucky we were that it wasn't someone from a good metal band. I think I lost more friends at that moment then I did when my friend changed my status to "I'm a pedophile and the law says I have to tell you this"

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Saw them live for the first time last week and with the exception of the lead guitar dropping out for like five minutes right at the beginning of the set, it was a loving sick show.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Really digging the new Rings of Saturn album

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Mmm. That's extremely my poo poo

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
New Converge is fully loving sick. Title track, Reptilian and Cannibals are absolute gold. AOTY

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

el B posted:

New Kaonashi is out today. I've made myself familiar with their music over the last year and half. I expected good things, but this new record caught me by surprise.
https://youtu.be/pynucl-9JXg

Completely new to me, so I peeped a single track off YT and the top comment was "Kaonashi packs so much into such a short time, at times I felt like I was listening to the fall of Troy, at times I felt I was listening to dance Gavin dance but all the while its Kanonashi and it retains their own flavor, still all makes sense and works beautifully together"

aight aight I'm in

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I spun Colors so goddamned much that I literally forced myself to put it away 3.5 years ago. Was planning on staying away for 5 years but now I know I'll be back on August 19th for a pre Colors 2 spin

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Omnikin posted:

I spun Colors so goddamned much that I literally forced myself to put it away 3.5 years ago. Was planning on staying away for 5 years but now I know I'll be back on August 19th for a pre Colors 2 spin

oh hey look it's August 19th, I haven't listened to Colors since doing dishes/cleaning up after dinner 12/31/17 (don't ask me how I know this poo poo, it's just a thing I know)

I'm rolling into Ants of the Sky Sun of Nothing as I type this and by god this remaster/remix is loving beefy

Cannot wait for release day tomorrow

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 19, 2021

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
BTBAM: fully sick. Feels like they let Colors hang out with the newer kids (Coma/Automatas) and brought it back to record. The mix is insanely clean & well produced

I had been a passing fan for a few years thanks to high school computers letting us access PureVolume.com during AutoCAD class/study hall. So I listened to a bunch of Selkies/Alaska/All Bodies? every period (plus Fall of Troy, Carter Beats the Devil, A Life Once Lost.. I had a good 35-40 minute rotation most of the year). I was in my first few weeks at college and my brother texted me "the selkies band just released a killer album" and my roommate & I downloaded it on Ruckus. For the next several years bro & I didn't miss a single BTBAM show in our area. I think Colors -> Misdirect -> Parallax I EP was their best run of writing. My brother passed in early 2015 a few months before Coma Ecliptic came out and while I enjoyed it, I leaned heavily on Colors & a few other albums for a long while before "putting them away" (lol I don't own a physical copy of any music).

Colors II is a bit like going back in time for me. I wish I could text him about it (or tag him somehow on here, forums user Andy Cancer) but that's life, isn't it?

Between new BTBAM & CM Punk's rumored return tonight it's like he's pulling strings somewhere out there. It's fine. I'll just be a mopey bitch all day

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Self Titled up to Alaska is good. I really like it for the that nostalgic slice of metal core that all our local bands (upstate NY) tried to emulate. Local shows were tons of fun. Colors to P1 is their best. P2 up to now are pretty good and varied. I feel like they’ve got something for everyone

Seriously I’m at the clean singing section of More of Myself to Kill and it’s so high school it kills me

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Woof, Dying Wish. Currently listening to their split with Serration and "Autumn's Final Sun" is extremely my poo poo. Can't wait for the new album

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
ignoring whatever this Converge slapfest is,

that new Knocked Loose :swoon:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Vati's a name. so Vati Can

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

XIII posted:

drat, just saw the tour announcement for The Devil Wears Prada, Stray From The Path, and Dying Wish. Very stoked for that.

Big ol' same.

Lowkey started looking for the nearest tour date, which is a pretty far drive. Zombie EP is one of my favorite bits of metal

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

ShoogaSlim posted:

aw that's good to know. but you see how he's all like this is the most important thing blablabla? yeah then the cat dies and you're depressed forever. i dont think i can do it.

I work for an animal shelter. You go find another cat who needs help, or maybe you need help. They're always here, sad as that is. Open your home.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Yeah they're stopping about 6-7 minutes from my house, super happy with that one. I'm hoping (without any hope or actual faith) that they'll sneak in some Parallax 1 before starting P2, but that's just because it's probably my favorite material of theirs. That whole stretch from Colors -> Misdirect -> P1 -> P2 was IT for me

8:55 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtUOAwo84tI&t=535s (timestamped, may not work) is like my favorite BTBAM moment ever

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH

it's such a good vibe

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

ShoogaSlim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kPEbV8T35k

signs of the swarm put out a new song a month ago and i only just now listened to it.

looks like this is their entry in the absurd deathcore vocal olympics. for a bit i got a little tired of the schtick and trying to copy lorna shore's viral success. but gently caress it let's see how silly this poo poo can get, its actually great.

listen from 3:00 on if you just want the money shot stuff

Looks like another new single today too

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

Some real good stuff on the new Johnny Booth. Opener is silly heavy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebcs_ltNy4Y

Saturday night is a hometown record release show AND my birthday. I want a black eye for my birthday

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Dying Wish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6pRBcG0fA4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

extremely my jam, and somehow I missed it

They also announced an early 2024 tour with Mugshot/Cell and a couple other supporters. Extremely hyped for Albany