Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Beelzebozo posted:

Sugarslim, did you hear Michael Lessard’s solo single? Hate to post it here since it’s definitely not -core but eh ban me I guess :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cIPH11qQsQ

Whoa this is super cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Kezia (I was in grade 10 it was big for me...)
Volition
Fortress
Scurrilous
Pacific Myth

I don't know where to put Palimpset yet but for some reason it really reminds me of Pacific Myth and I dunno, it just doesn't vibe as much for me.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I remember watching the Blindfolds Aside video on Much Music and just having my mind blown. I was kind of blown away it got airtime...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

counter counter point: do you think North America is even capable of adhering to "Proper Safety Precautions"?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

It's like Architects figured there'd be a Linkin Park shaped void in the Arena Rock market and they handidly jumped into it.

Ugh. Pretty bad.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Listen I just feel bad for Guitarists in these bands. They get to play like 50% of the song because all the verses are just drums and the vocalist and maybe some programmed synths or someshit.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I feel the album has a really strong start and then kind of peters out in the second half.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Ophidian I just released this album and it's bonkers. Reminds me of Protest the Hero without Rody's highs and Shadow of Intent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik9ZXJH6xIc

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I wish the album was more like Thing With Feathers - it's the standout track and a lot of the album actually fell short for me on initial listen.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

XIII posted:

When Protest The Hero did their "single a month for 6mo" thing, I definitely lost interest by about the third one, despite being a big time PTH fan

Even though it's on spotify as a whole album i never listen to it because of that.

They're ambitious as hell but nah.

Palimpsest was a 10/10 though god drat what an album.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

New Silent Planet is out

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Loving it so far. Favorite non-single track easily after 3-4 spins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hkyDdJM_7c

If I still drank I'd constantly be up at 2 am drunk as gently caress absolutely sulking with Terminal on repeat for hours on end. Gimme that minor key sad boi poo poo.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Unbelievably common occurrence for someone to get sober and have others resent it when it forces them to face their own problems as a result.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Dunno if you all gently caress with this but Loathe teamed up with Sleep Token for a cover of Is It Really You?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uginTeh8u4o

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/SamanthaJad3/status/1511236861666410501?s=20&t=vJItME0ZBoWP9Dbt9QIscQ

also lol at defending nfts in april of 2022 loving lol

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Ah yes the Lead Paint argument.

Sure I don't personally see the need for my house to painted with lead based paint, but if people wanna buy it who am I to caaaaaaaaare

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

new dance gavin dance for those who are into that sorta thing (i am)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvHDaSw8k74

Tim Feerick (DGD's Bassist) died yesterday. Just announced a few hours ago :(

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

XIII posted:

edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X45uvccd5rA

New single from Architects with an album out in Oct. I didn't hate last year's album (certainly didn't love it either, but it had some tracks/moments that were okay), but this track is hard for even me to defend. I did like the lead single, when we were young, so I'm not giving up on the album entirely, but I can already feel myself skipping this new one more often than not

good lord this is corny as gently caress

Lead single with lyrics like this in 2022?

"anything is possible
we could be unstoppable"

wow

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I'm a sizeable DGD fan and am seeing them in August but this album kind of sucks?
Tilian is boring and I overhyped Andrew Wells' potential contribution up in my head

also it's a loving slog to get through 18 tracks? ugh.

bring on DGD with Wells' as lead singer it's time for a change

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

New Norma Jean released today

verdict: it good

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

wandler20 posted:

Thanks for the heads up, I've really been enjoying Spearmint Revolt lately.

word of warning that's probably the best song on the album

Royal Coda also dropped today - it's DGD for the older refined DGD fans

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I love Botch almost as much as I love the fact that Dave Knudsen started out doing stuff like that and then spent like 20 years making cheerful math-pop

Just piping in to say (because I don't really have anywhere else to chime this) but I saw Minus the Bear during their farewell tour and Dave Knudson is literally such a loving god damned rock star who looked like he absolutely adored being up on stage and absolutely crushing those cheerful math-pop songs. 10/10 rockstar poo poo.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Dave Knudson is such a loving rock star I'm surprised it took this long - that guy loving loves being up on stage.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

lmao architects i can't stop laughing at them. Congrats on your arena rock success I guess?

2016:
Another faceless figure, an empty silhouette
They'll line their pockets and leave us six feet deep in debt
So cast your votes, watch them shed their skin
Always out for blood, preying on the weak
We can count on them to paint the future bleak
But we're still standing by whilst they bleed us dry

2022:
Be the change that you wanna see
No, not like that
It's a risk we can all agree
gently caress the loving facts
But it bleeds right in front of me
We're under attack
Yeah, we all know that these rights are holy

this album absolutely sucks lmao

Slotducks fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 21, 2022

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Also I can’t find a post hardcore thread but someone help me stop listening to DGD’s Mothership record by recommending me something like it

lead singer's a sex pest so listen to the refined DGD fan's band of course: Royal Coda - new album To Only a Few At First dropped 1 month after jackpot juicer and shits all over it multiple times.

I must reiterate, jackpot juicer is so loving bad.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

brendan's from hamilton ontario there's bound to be longstanding exposure to poisons and toxins in him

he riles up the dgd fandom real good so hes a good boy in my books

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I saw BTBAM here in Toronto once and got up to the front row, and they had the vocals coming through the speakers on the side stacks, so while Tommy was literally screaming into my face, I couldn't hear a loving word he said.

Pretty fun.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

should be noted that that entire tour is halloween themed and it's strongly encouraged you wear a costume to the show

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

They announced it midset on Saturday - I was shooting the show!

They sounded great and had buckets of energy still despite only having 2 days off since June 30th or whatever. Absolutely bonkers.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Wamsutta posted:

you truly love to see it. they have another gear live that a lot of bands can't find

500 kids in a cramped venue in Kitchener - Vincent was spraying water nearly every song trying to cool everyone off. 10/10 great guy.

Escuela Grind ruled too and Fit For an Autopsy was bonkers.

I can post more photos if you guys want!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I couldn't get through the Ghost Inside's latest album the lyrics were so unabashedly cringey - I'm not even a lyrics guy, but good lord they were dreadful.

As promised Couple shots of Fit for an Autopsy and The Acacia Strain last saturday:

The Acacia Strain:

The Acacia Strain seemed in VERY good spirits the whole show. Lots of positivity - maybe they're stoked that their tour is finally over. iirc they basically had 2 days off since June 29th

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

isn't the ghost inside the band that van flipped? i feel bad for them about that but iirc their lyrics are way overly preachy and i just can't gently caress w them at all

also what camera do you use? i recently got a sony a7iii that i barely use bc im a single, childless adult with too much disposable income. i would love to bring it to shows and get cool shots if it's capable of that.

e: sick shots btw! that's what i originally meant to say lol

Those are shot with a Nikon D500, with the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 lens attached. Pretty high ISOs. There's a concert photography thread in The Dorkroom here, come say hi!

Wamsutta posted:

thanks for posting, those shots are dope!

Thank you! It's been a really fun and rewarding hobby to get into!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I dunno if they apply here - but The Contortionist just dropped the 3 live performances they did back in '21 on streaming sites and it's ridiculous. it's like 30+ songs nearly 3 hours

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

i have absolutely no idea what this means

Polaris' guitarist died last week - they're signed to Resist Records (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resist_Records), which operates as an actual brick and mortar record store as well as record label. Someone cold called them and asked if they could try out to replace the guitarist. A week after he had died.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

It surprised me how hard I bounced off of it to be honest.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Vegastar posted:

Gonna go see Protest The Hero and the Daoboys while we’re in Chicago tonight. Hadn’t heard of Moon Tooth before now but turns out they’re pretty good too, so this should be a fuckin banger.

I just got my media pass for that for the Toronto show today.

I'm so loving excited. I got to shoot both their Guelph shows back in April. Rody is in fine fine form these days:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

No thanks!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

lol nice /r/metalcore diss track Sam 👍👍

(these lyrics won't age well when this is the only heavy song on their 10 song octane-core snoozer of an album)

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

I saw the Daoboys when they were opening for Rolo Tomassi and the venue was poo poo garbage, but I just picked up tickets to see them with '68 at St. Vitus so I'm amped.

Good choice, they're wild live.

Here's a few photos from the Toronto show they just had in November

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

The drumming in Alkaline is sick.