Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

New Botch is good but too short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

kumba posted:

why have i never listened to botch before

halfway through We Are As Romans and drat in a lot of ways this sounds like it could have come out last year, not 1999

It's unquestionably a high point in heavy music in general, I'm not sure if they've said so but I feel like Anothology of dead ends wasn't finished was because it simply wasn't going to be as good.

Seems like they aren't getting back together though which is a drat shame.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Ehud posted:

I saw Botch in Atlanta last night. It's the best show I've ever seen. They absolutely tore the place down and sounded incredible.

It undid any hope I had for more new material. They said, "This is the final time we'll ever play Atlanta, or anywhere in the south. We love you." :smith:

Such a badass show though. They're old as hell and so am I.

Really excited to hear this, I'm going to the Manchester UK date in an extremely old man way - as in driving over straight from work watching them with a non alcoholic beer and driving back.

Can't believe they are touring at all, never thought I would get to see them.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Saw Botch last night, incredibly good, really tight set that covered all the big hitters, most of We are the Romans and Anthology of dead ends and half of American Nervosa.
I would have said that I wouldn't at all be surprised if they tour again in another few years, but One Twenty Two sounded so out of place and below their standards that I think they are properly done.

Creatively they were done half was through Anthology, which is great but it's properly a band running out of ideas.