Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

Kujaroth posted:

Thanks. Although I am jealous of people who live near mountainscapes and such!

Some of my shots from the weekend:

Great stuff, with those extreme crops they would make really nice prints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

I forgot how painful on the hands it is to shoot in the middle of winter. I've tried so many different gloves but none seem to be warm enough and still nimble enough to hold GND filters and fiddle with dials.

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

Very cool idea.

Cant wait for summer so I can shoot some warmer.... rocks...

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

I love these. Something about storm clouds over green pastures gets me every time.

whaam fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 27, 2013

whaam
Mar 18, 2008
Can I get another set of eyes on this photo? I tend to edit as soon as I'm back from shooting, then upload publicly and immediately spot 10 things wrong. Haven't done much processing but wondering where its lacking that I could try to fix up.

It feels a bit flat to me but I don't want to push the sky too far.

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

Haven't followed this thread in awhile, but it looks like you finally got to Iceland! Awesome stuff.

whaam
Mar 18, 2008
Any of you guys using telephotos for your landscapes regularly? I've always shot really wide 10-16mm range but just picked up a 70-200mm 2.8 for some portrait stuff and thought it might be nice to use it to change up the landscape perspective a bit.

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

It's beautiful and spring-like there already isn't it?

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

I did a double-take at the name and title. It should be wallofinsanity by untitled.

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

whaam fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 23, 2014

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

Dread Head posted:

"super" moon.

Love the second one, big moon with visible tidal effects is a cool mix. I kept watching the moon off my deck trying to get up the motivation to shoot it but failed.

Does this need to be brightened a bit?

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

maxmars posted:

The burnt highlights zone makes one hell of a focal point, I don't think that lonely flower has the weight to balance that.

You mean the bright sun is burnt or the dark clouds look burnt? There was no burning in post, but yeah that little berry cluster is fighting against a lot of things pulling the eye away. Wish there would have been some better foreground action to frame.

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

Sambro Island
by jhoc, on Flickr

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

Crazy tides, there is 100ft of water between me and this island and I'm standing on it 30 minutes later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

deaders posted:

very good advice

You may look at it again a month later and really like it, or realize it looks better with a crop, etc. It's always good to go back and look at shots you weren't sure about before I think.