Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
DSC_1205.jpg by caranatar none, on Flickr

DSC_1089.jpg by caranatar none, on Flickr

Hello from back on page 453 where I'm still consuming every still extant picture from this thread! These are from the first time I've taken a camera on a hike and the first time I've ever done processing in Lightroom are the only two that I feel like are kinda sorta okay. Actually there was one more but I realized during editing that my kids snuck into the background so : shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

From the same hike as above, a selection of polaroid go photos taken by my 5 year old

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Your 5 year old's got a good eye

Yeah his pictures were better than mine lol. If he continues showing interest I'm gonna try to foster that as best I can

Jerm324 posted:

This looks remarkably like Annadel State Park? Then again there's a thousand places that look just like this in California right now.

Good eye. That's the one

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Pokemon snap thread is in games

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Cross posting from the medium format thread

002116180002 by caranatar none, on Flickr

Lab scan, but I took out the new Century Graphic this past weekend with a 6x9 back and got one photo I liked. One I left the lens on T when I put in the film back and took out the dark slide, one I left the dark slide in, and the rest were just meh]

Would welcome feedback

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

:yikeseroo:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Great lighting too. It's not flat

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
The way i conceptualize it is that a photo is landscape if its subject is a place/space. There's nothing in the rulebook that says the place has to be a mountain

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Megabound posted:

It is IR, in fact my first ever roll of the stuff. I got a 720nm filter and was using Rollei IR 400. I metered for ISO 3 (about 8 stops slower) for the filter factor and kept an eye out for nice light on my hike. The worst part was really having to carry a tripod on my hike but I'm going to continue doing it for sure.

Oh nice, I just (like literally 20 minutes ago) got three rolls of IR film from FPP and am looking forward to trying it out after getting a filter

e: there was a whole new page lol

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Nice, I love astrophotography

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

I like this a lot

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Do y'all's heads barely see above the steering wheel? I'm pretty sure those are like chest level and fine

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

bobmarleysghost posted:

Yea I'm pretty adept, with a variety of cams. I can do SLR, rangefinder, digicam, mavica. Haven't tried MF yet and don't think I will.

In this specific case I used flash to light up the signs.

The way the flash interacts with the signs is really interesting

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Yeah I also watched that episode of technology connections :v:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Those are really sick

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

I hate these (compliment)

I feel like both could use to be cropped in and slightly rotated

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

bobmarleysghost posted:

i checked the second image, the strings are a bit askew. i dont even notice it, how'd you see that, i attributed it to a optical illusion with he edges surrounding them

The funny thing is I can't take a straight photo to save my life and usually don't notice they're tilted

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I'm curious are you doing anything in particular to stop glare on your windshield from the flash?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Losing that much of the vertically falling water in the foreground really kills its impact for me

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Blood Horse and Blood Horse II: Piss Farm is my favorite horror series

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

You convinced me to take my infrared dslr out with your recent posts but all your bangers make mine look like even more like poo poo lol

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Are y'all adjusting contrast etc on these are is this pretty much what they look like out of camera?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Megabound posted:

I took this photo again but this time I exposed it properly

I think I liked the first one better tbh