Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright

nonanone posted:

What are people's opinions on showing the preview LCD? I recently had one girl who kept asking me, and I had to kind of shut her down and say "I'll tell you when it looks really bad, don't worry about what's going on over here." The only time I was really okay with showing was with one model who was trying something new and politely asked to check to see how it was looking from my end.

I think this is an overlooked issue. I share my images with my clients as I shoot because it helps on two fronts. One, they feel more involved with the shoot and helps the model to relax. Second, when the model see's what you want to accomplish on the lcd they visually realize the abstract imagery I may be trying to reproduce.

All in all this fits more with the one light/studio scenario during very personal or small production shoots; anything bigger and you should be working with proffessional models that don't require this reassurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Erica-portrait by sensitometry - Steven Harris, on Flickr

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Pukestain Pal posted:

I loving love that background. Is it a chalkboard?

Her arms make the photo pretty unflattering and you should have straightened her collar. Do some more with that background, it's great.

Thanks I appreciate that. It happened to be a Thai resturant we were eating at but I definitely would love to recreate a space like that.