Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ShaneB posted:

I'm breaking in these new Pilot Road 4's with a bunch of city cruising. After about 60 miles of highway and city riding, I realized last night I still have an inch and a half or so of chicken strips on both sides. I suck. :(

If you're city riding hard enough to completely scrub your tires right to the edge theres a 99.9999% chance you're riding like a dangerous rear end in a top hat.

Don't worry about em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

As someone who had Conti Sport Attacks 2 previously on my bike, never again. I went from Pilot Powers to Contis (they were on the bike new) and hated them. Felt like poo poo. Threw some PP3s back on and all is right in the world. YMMV. Maybe all Conti tires don't suck. If you're used to PRs then nothing about a set of PR3s will do you wrong.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I'd try to find a set of PR3s myself. You'll pay (probably) much less than you would for PR4s.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

4.5k before your rear squares off on a battlax is pretty drat good honestly. I replaced mine at ~3000 when I switched to the PP3s the first time on the GSXR.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

If most of your riding is commute you can probably get two rears to a front to cut down on cost a bit. If you're doing any kind of spirited (or jackassery) riding and you're paranoid like I am I just do both tires every 3k-3.5k.

E: I mean if you're buying sport tires you're really not getting them for longevity so nothing to be surprised at. Now if you're getting 4000 miles to a squared off rear on any kind of hard compound or touring tire somethin wrong.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 31, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Maybe. Do you gun the throttle a lot on straights and do a lot of highway miles? I also have no clue what you ride.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Diggie posted:

My bike needs new tires. It has spoked rims, which means I -must- have an inner-tube, right? Any recommendations for tires around $75 each for a cruiser? My front size is 130/90-16 and the rear is 170/80-15.

maybe your tires need a new bike?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Sweet sticker bro. Loud pipes freedom freedom back brake america back brake freedom pipes loud lives.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I just take the green side of a Scotch-Brite pad and some rubbing alcohol to new tires when I get home to get any leftover mold wax / chemicals off then go hog wild.

New tire "break in" is overrated.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah thats fine too as long as you've got enough distance to get the tire good and hot on your way home or whatever.

The 3 miles from the shop to my driveway isn't really sufficient distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I dont recall saying anything about taking sandpaper to ones tires.

• Locked thread