Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Going to what LividLiquid asked earlier, here is the WWE PPV schedule for this year.

* Royal Rumble - 1/27/13 - Phoenix, AZ

* Elimination Chamber - 2/17/13 - New Orleans, LA

* WrestleMania - 4/7/13 - East Rutherford, NJ

* Extreme Rules - 5/19/13 - St. Louis, MO

* TBD - 6/16/13 - Chicago, IL

* Money In The Bank - 7/14/13 - Philadelphia, PA

* SummerSlam - 8/18/13 - Los Angeles, CA

* Night Of Champions - 9/15/13 - Detroit, MI

* Over The Limit - 10/6/13 - Buffalo, NY

* Hell In A Cell - 10/27/13 - Miami, FL

* Survivor Series - 11/24/13 - Boston, MA

* TLC - 12/15/13 - Houston, TX

Summerslam is anchored in LA annually now so that rules out money in the bank and Night of Champions as the tours would have too much overlap. I don't think Seattle will ever get another Wrestlemania. The new Sonics arena might get us the Royal Rumble but that won't be for a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Jerusalem posted:

Somebody else can probably tell you exactly what show it was, but Hornswoggle can be seen as an excited member of the crowd at a ROH show marking out like crazy :)

Probably the most famous of these is a young Mick Foley cutting school and going to a show at Madison Square Garden and watching Jimmy Snuka leap from the top of a Steel Cage.

Edge is also in the crowd at Wrestlemania VI in the Skydome.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Also I'm absolutely positive The Big Show can be seen as a fan at an early WCW PPV - I think it's WrestleWar 89

That looks more like The Gas Man from Dumb and Dumber.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Devil Child posted:

It's also a stupid idea to give men women's titles a la Russo.

:colbert:

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Himuro posted:

I remember when I was a kid they'd make wrestlers have scripted vignettes that go further into their characters that would play before they came out. Like they'd have Razor Ramon at a country club getting his swag on. It'd tell us what he was about and give the show life outside of the actual company.

The thing is they still do this but it is exclusive on the site or on the WWE app. We saw that baller Cesaro thing in Georgia the other day. Heck on Smack down the other day they had Cesaro do a picture in picture promo with him giving a recorded mini promo while he was getting in the ring. They need to have every wrestler do this.

I remember back in the day they'd have every worker do this. It gives every performer a backstory and more of an outlet to build feuds and develop characters. It gives me a reason to give a poo poo. Like this Kaitlyn and Eve feud. I have no reason to care about this feud because I don't even know who Kaitlyn is or what she represents. She's just a shmook who comes from the back to me.

Far more interesting way to develop characters than simple in ring promos or interviews and far more preferable to all crappy drama poo poo they have going on now.

Punk blasting the Rock from Miami U was a step in the right direction. Did they stop doing this for budget reasons?

I remember them doing this with the Highlanders, Cryme Tyme, Carlito and a few others.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

Anyone have details about a backstage fight between Big Show and Khali, supposedly happened a few years ago?

Wrestlezone but

quote:

We reported earlier that during a WWE house show in Puerto Rico this past weekend, The Great Khali and Big Show were involved in a backstage fight.

PWInsider.com has revealed more details behind the fight, which apparently began when Big Show instigated The Great Khali. Show had been upset with Khali for a few weeks because he felt that Khali used to many moves in the ring that should be made available only to Big Show as he is a "giant."

According to a backstage source present at the house show, Khali and Big Show were verbally arguing for several minutes before Big Show decided to throw the first punch, however he tripped over someone's bag and fell to the ground. Khali jumped on Show and the two began fighting on the ground, with Khali apparently in clear control before the fight was broken up.

No word yet on whether or not the two wrestlers will face disciplinary action.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Watching back No Holds Barred the other day, and would I be completely off the mark in thinking that the Kurt Fuller character was written by Hogan and McMahon as a sendup of Ted Turner? His takeover of NWA/creation of WCW was fairly fresh when that movie came out (and likely around the same time they wrote it) so I figured it'd be fairly close to home.

This may shock you but I recall reading that Hogan and McMahon rewrote the script over a weekend in Titan Towers whilst high on the tootski.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Only legally. That cartoon would still be running for the next 15 years otherwise.

A friend was working as Michael Cole's top guy in video when this lawsuit rumor started. He asked Cole and was told "Where do they come up with this stuff?" so this was not true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Not sure about Jake, but they definitely did that with Hall. Stone Cold gave him a beer bath.

I thought that wasn't Jake it was Eddie vs Stone Cold in the bar brawl.