Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jetfire posted:

Is that really creepy? Because when news of "family found dead in home, no fire/carbon monoxide poisining/home invasion suspected" comes out the "father kills family, self" is basically the next most common thing - or even more common than at least two of the previously listed items.
If I remember correctly Jericho remembers hearing the news, then hearing his phone ring before any details came out and thinking "Benoit murdered everyone."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
What the heck is this:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

TenaciousJ posted:

If Eddie Guerrero were alive, could Vickie get a crowd to boo him?
In this situation, did Eddie Guerrero die and then come back to life?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

triplexpac posted:

If it happened on Smackdown, did it ever really happen at all?
It does if there's a SmackDown Rewind!

Last time this happened: Orton def. Christian (c) for the WHC.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Has Jim Ross ever talked about why he went from being an athlete to settling into wrestling refereeing/commentary?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Shane was one of my favorite "wrestlers" for that very reason. Yeah the matches were awful, but I was gonna mark hard at least once.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I asked this in the RAW thread but: was The Rock's dad a good wrestler?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What is the absolute worst match between two people that are generally considered to be top tier? I'm not talking Hogan/Warrior, neither of them can wrestle.
Edge/Jericho at WM.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
CM Punk paying tribute to Savage makes so much sense now!!!!!!!!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

titties posted:

Whichever Bella has the lady belt carries it with arms fully extended directly over her head at all times and it looks dumb.
Looks good, actually.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Something to remember: Booker T was wrestling injured and did so for a few more weeks before finally getting the surgery everyone knew he needed for a while. The problem is they knew Booker was supposed to lose that match and STILL went through with the racist angle that typically ends with the minority babyface winning.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It was a SummerSlam PPV over who was the true king. He was King Booker at the time. I believe it was the straw that broke the camel's back and sent him to TNA.

Also, Cena has gotten comeback events plenty are you nuts?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

John Cena returns aren't really "OK I'm here, who's there to bury?"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_Series_(2008)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
So with WWE dipping its interests in Japan and Britain, my question is about wrestling around the globe. I know those two + most of Europe and Mexico have rich traditions in wrestling, but what's it like everywhere else? I know Ho Ho Lun had to start his own wrestling school to learn how to wrestle. What's wrestling like in Africa and Central/South America? Is it as popular? Do they have superstars (no pun intended) or is it just kinda lovely and the good ones make it around the globe to places like Japan?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Thanks for all the answers.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Let's all remember failed attempts at new finishers.

What was that awful one Jericho had for a while? Breakdown?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Someone link me some good Bruiser Brody matches tia

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Brody's job ... bleed some.
well he sure ended up doing that a bunch

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Naomi and Mr. Naomi are champions and married. How many times have real life couples been champions at the same time? I know HHH/Stephanie but that's all that's coming to mind.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Off the top of your head, what's Natalya's best match?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Can someone think of a basic (less than 10 minutes) John Cena match that I can show someone as an example of basic match structure (shine/heat/comeback/finish)? I'm teaching a class and I need to show the basics before we dissect the complexities of good/long matches.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
How was Velveteen Dream/Orange Cassidy?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Was Joey Styles a good commentator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

iamsosmrt posted:

Who's the genius who came up with Michael McGillicutty? Even Curtis Axel? The guy is the son of a legend who's got two perfectly good names to reference and they use neither. Why not Joseph Hennig, Joseph Perfect, Mr. Perfect II, anything. Instead we got the Genesis of McGillicutty.
I agree that the name change was unnecessary, but I always thought the (original) NXT backstory they gave him was sweet. He bragged about his father and that everyone knew who he was, so he switched his last name to his mother's to honor her. I liked that. It didn't work and the name was goofy, but the reasoning was kind and human.