Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
What are some great tag team breakups/feuds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

PunkBoy posted:

Speaking of finishing moves and match-enders, what are some of the best near-falls for moves that you clearly know isn't the finish because it's not a finishing move, but it looks so good that you believe that could be it?

The Last Ride

...I watched both HBK vs Undertaker matches last night...

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Matt Cross, and I only know this due to Roderick Strong dismissively referring to him as 'the gymnast' like 10 years ago in RoH

mdoggdidntdoflippyshitwhenitmatteredonthatoneepisodeoftoughenough20

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I hope that when Low Ki finally makes it to the WWE they treat him like a huge star and not saddle him with two divas and make him a joke

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Are there any backyard/deathmatches that are, you know, good?

Wrestling isn't real. So mauling and crippling each other to make up for lack of training or any real concept of storytelling or psychology just seems lazy at best, and downright pathetic at worst.

Is there anything out there that proves me wrong?

Legit one of my favorite matches
https://youtu.be/ycb4R_dQkWQ

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Shine posted:

Portland has state income tax. You might be thinking sales tax, which it does not have.

We also don't pump our own gas

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

exploding mummy posted:

The New Jersey of the Pacific Northwest

gently caress you

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

EL BROMANCE posted:

So my wife's pretty cool and has come to Smackdown with me, and we've got RoH tickets in October... but she just doesn't 'get' it.

She just can't get over the fact the outcome is predetermined, and despite being impressed by the atheletisicm, just can't understand why I or other people like it.

While I doubt I'll ever make a fan of her, I'd at least like to make it somewhat enjoyable if it's going to eat into her time somewhat. I thought the latest CWC episode might help, but if anything it might've made things worse as the tournament format made her even more annoyed, ha.

Total Divas might be up her street at least, but I can't think of a program that annoys her more than pro wrestling right now. Doh!

Sever

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Critical posted:

DominatedOhSix? I'm pretty sure he had that as an av back in the day.

Oh poo poo. The gently caress happened to him?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Gumball Gumption posted:

They are starstruck because they were in the presence of a WWE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOperstar.

ftfy

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Spuckuk posted:

One of these things is not like the others.

One of these things does not belong.

**kicks booker t in the face**

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
their almost hour long match on that one raw was great though idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
really though, what the gently caress was up with undertaker's pants at survivor series 2000?