Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
If you had to pick one wrestler (not Andre) to help you in a pie eating contest, who would it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Are there any regular moves (not finishers or signatures) in a wrestler's repertoire that you think just looks like absolute poo poo?

I hate Taker's jumping clothesline. He always jumps six inches in front of the other wrestler and just sorta put his arm on their neck while they take a back bump.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

The clotheslines in the corner thing Reigns does look like he's just going in for ten quick hugs

I've never understood the point of putting a focus on strikes if you aren't actually going to make them look good. At least when Sheamus does his "smash you in the chest with my forearm while you're in the ropes" spot, it looks like it loving hurts

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

The poster earlier talking about the crucifix powerbomb reminded me; What are some moves that most wrestlers despise taking? I've always heard flapjacks loving suck

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Benne posted:

Nobody likes taking the Alabama Slam, which is why Bob Holly made sure to do it as hard as possible in every match

ha ha, classic Sparky Plugg

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I've noticed more and more vitriol getting spewed at Dave Meltzer on just about every wrestling community I've seen, is there a reason why it's so trendy now? And not even the Elgin thing, most wrestling fans online don't give a gently caress from what I've seen. I've heard that Prichard says a lot of poo poo about him on his poo poo podcast

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Lol, Dave is extremely good

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Claytor posted:

I think there's something to be said for the idea that a portion of the anti-Dave crowd overlaps with the guys who believe that Fake News is created by The Globalists to being down The West.

I've noticed this a lot too. A lot of anti-Dave people I've seen bring up Dave as Jewish (which I don't think is even true)

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Alright, we talking Russo again?
Is their any precedent of Russo's misogynistic tendencies away from the ring or could his misogynistic stuff just be a sign of the times in which he was booking?
Because it's not like WWF got any better about that after he left.

I don't want to defend Vince Russo.
I just want to be fair about it. So that when we say 'Vince Russo really hates women' we can say it proudly.

Considering that his horrible treatment of women extended into his time with TNA, I think it's safe to say that it's a Russo problem

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Is it a coincidence that Big Show and John Tenta have similar tiger tattoos on their upper arms?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Do they teach basic amateur wrestling at the Performance Center? I've never seen anybody talk about anything like that, which is odd, considering that a good amount of professional wrestling is developed off of real wrestling.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i know that WWE wrestlers are allowed to do indie dates if they aren't booked and the company approves it, so if there was an opening and someone wanted to work PWG, would they be allowed? I can't imagine WWE would let their talent be used to sell DVDs and tickets like that

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

What's the perception of wrestling as a profession in Japan, versus the US?

Like I feel in the US, there's still a perception of wrestling as a low-class, odd carnival act outside of the very very top. Not a very respectable profession compared to other athletes

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i'd love it if ZSJ started using Quackenbush submissions in his matches

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

How many shoot 7 footers have worked for the WWE? Who were they?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what happened exactly with Kimber Lee in NXT?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what happened with noelle foley making a big to-do about wanting to be a wrestler? did she even feign interest after that lovely reality show tanked?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I forgot that even existed. I became disinterested in Foley after the whole Melina thing, as well as embarrassing himself in TNA for years.

Holy Foley was an abomination, just genuinely atrocious television

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

how long has the chop been a part of wrestling?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what's the worst AJ Styles match?

particularly where AJ himself had a notably bad performance, not just because he was carrying someone awful

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what's the best bret match in WCW?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

How did Flair do in Japan? Was he as big a draw as he was here? Did people like him?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

You can make a good argument for Terry Funk being the GOAT, right? I don't see his name come up often in Mount Rushmore-type conversations and I've never got it.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Try to make a Mount Rushmore exclusively with wrestlers who aren't/weren't at some point pieces of poo poo. There's a challenge for ya

Molly Holly, Kairi Sane, John Tenta, Okada

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what's the biggest upset in wrestling history?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Vader squashing Inoki.

I like this answer. I'd say it's a good upset when the babyface gets beat so bad the crowd literally starts a riot

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

have there ever been any serious "Daniels to WWE" talk? I know he's old but I would imagine they'd be interested in him in the Chris Hero spot where he puts over the young guys and starts training

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

CityMidnightJunky posted:

There's a reason at least 4 of the top 10 best wrestling finishers of all time are variations of the cutter. Ramming someone face first into the ground is just satisfying on a primal level.

not all cutters are created equal. The diamond cutter is ten times better than the RKO

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Triple H teasing retiring, attempting to milk the crowd after losing to Brock at Summerslam 2012 only to get indifference and "you tapped out" chants"

i forgot about this, lmao

hunter is so lame

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i've never seen much of Jerry Lawler's work, are there some essential matches I should see? I've heard the Bret match at Summerslam is pretty good

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

watch his feud with Bockwinkel in Memphis

where can I watch this? I dunno if Memphis stuff is on the network, but it doesn't really matter because I don't give WWE money

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

whats going on with jason jordan? is he like done?

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 1, 2019

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Who was the best football player (in terms of actual football ability) to ever really become a star in wrestling?

I think you'd have to give it to McMichael, though that's cutting it close for a "star." But Ernie Ladd also won an AFL championship with the Chargers.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Bronko Nagurski is both a Pro Football and Wrestling Observer Hall of Famer.

poo poo and I'm a bears fan, that's embarrassing to forget

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Could Honky Tonk Man actually work? I dont think I've seen a single one of his matches other than the Warrior squash, and definitely not his Stampede and Memphis stuff

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Minidust posted:

I'm still salty about Show taking a Perfect Plex in 2001 for only a two-count... on Sunday Night Heat

Hennig shouldve won the world title in his return run.

i wasnt watching then and i dont know if it would've made sense but it shouldve happened

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

in kayfabe, why does winning the King of the Ring make people turn into psychopaths obsessed with royalty

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Why the gently caress did Tatanka have a run in WWE in 2006? were there any dirtsheet reports about why?

dude worked like a full-time schedule too

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I was watching the Chaos history videos on NJPW's channel and they said Ishii couldn't get into the dojo because of his height

The dojo has a height requirement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

TTBF posted:

The OJ promo is especially amazing to me.
https://youtu.be/mN5ao6_-QB0

Hear that crowd as they realize what he said. :allears:

Literally one of the best promos of all time.