Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Kaiho posted:

They're really changing things around.

I am still waiting for a Report song for being mistagged button though.

Or report an entire artist for being mistagged button.

It's Pan Sonic not Pansonic!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Medical posted:

Grooveshark is a suitable replacement.

Sign me up for a service with hardly any complete albums, uncertain legal status and content that depends entirely on its users :)

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Does Spotify work normally for everyone? I've been having some troubles for over a week, and now it can't even connect to the server. I've tried it on two different connections and it just doesn't work.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Hm. Maybe I just got some firewall issues out of nowhere or something.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

But Grooveshark is terrible...?

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Another Person posted:

Am I the only one still using Spotify now then? I am on the Unlimited deal for the time being because I am lazy.

What? No, I don't think its popularity has dwindled much, even with the changes they did. I think 10 hours a month is enough for most casual listeners. Besides that, it's a decent audio player for your own files, too, and they don't count towards the limit.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

thrawn86 posted:

interesting bit about spotify's bitrate:
http://www.spotifyclassical.com/2011/07/spotify-bitrategate-story-so-far.html

And absolutely nobody gives a poo poo

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

We had Pandora for a good while. Rdio seems like a slightly cheaper Spotify alternative that doesn't seem that alluring, even if we had it here. I don't think they're ever going to launch it overseas because Spotify is so dominant.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

You aren't trying to share stuff from your local files are you?

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

ROLL D4MN TIDE posted:

Yes. That's what I meant. Supposedly you can only share songs that are in their cloud, which is apparently lacking...

The point of Spotify is not really sharing stuff from your own hard drive, though. You can sync songs to your phone but that's it.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

ROLL D4MN TIDE posted:

One of the main attractions is that you can share songs with your friends and form playlists for them to listen to...

Actually yea that's the biggest thing about Spotify :confused:

But it's not like Zune or whatever that you can use to share mp3s from your own hard drive, but a licensed 9 million song database you can use however you want. Or have they changed their modus operandi recently? :confused:

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

The Modern Leper posted:

I've Googled the hell out of this... if I could resolve this, I would pretty much dive headfirst into Spotify. Has anyone figured out a reason/solution for Spotify arbitrarily dividing albums from your local library?

I have everything tagged with Musicbrainz, which I can accept may be screwing up things in some situations (featured artists in title, for example). Still, that doesn't seem to be the consistent source of the issue. I've tried to retag some albums, but it doesn't seem to consistently fix the problem. Basically, nothing is consistent about it, and it's driving me up the wall.

I'm not sure but I think it's just getting conflicting metadata or something from the Spotify database. Maybe try right clicking + "Unlink Tracks",

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

tomm posted:

I think Spotify would come in handy. But not £10 a month worth of handy. Hmm.

That's like the price of cheap bottle of red wine...

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

One bizarrely specific problem I've had with Spotify is that it absolutely refuses to play the song Neon Falls by Drexciya, no matter what I do, update/revert to an older version, anything. It's not even about licensing because the track is available and the rest of the collection it's on plays normally. Has anyone encountered something like this?

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

They haven't bothered to fix the Activity Feed on top of all the recent bullshit...it used to at least show what my friends are listening to which was pretty cool, but now it's just showing what some artists I didn't even know I was following are listening to. Or would if it wasn't completely dead and pointless to begin with.

Like I still love Spotify a lot for what it has to offer and gladly pay 5€ a month for a shitton of music but the program itself is so broken and full of dumb ideas

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Imapanda posted:

Pretty sure the average human brain cant even remember like 1000 songs unless you're some musical hobbiest genius.

Sounds like you should unsubscribe from Spotify and sign up for some cognitive rehabilitation therapy instead because that's the weirdest claim I've read this year.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

I did the import, it transferred maybe 1/3 of my starred songs and then the button disappeared for good.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Hook up last.fm.

The discover feature is pretty bad so yeah, do that. The last.fm app is pretty great. It constantly recommends me a lot of albums that are unavailable though.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

What am I waiting for? My local files probably. They're not showing up at all

edit: table breakage sorry

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

thathonkey posted:

Welcome to the awesome experience of trying to use local files in spotify

i've used spotify for like 5 years and this is the worst it has ever been...honestly it used to be a pretty great general music program, very quick and smooth and with a massive music library on top of that

it's poo poo now but as long as my 5€ a month unlimited subscription is still running and knowing pretty much everyone i know uses it and spotify's music library is still fairly decent, i'm not looking for any alternatives and will continue hate-using it :geno:

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

It's pretty cool how you can't edit the tags of your local files or unlink them anymore ;) Also the filtering doesn't work for me at all ;)

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

me your dad posted:

Is it just me, or did they change the behavior of the space bar? It used to pause, now it scrolls down.

It's just you unless that's a recent implementation...

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

inSTAALed posted:

so they finally hosed up the starred playlist completely by converting it into regular playlists

now i have 3 playlists called starred #1/#2/#3 with 10k tracks each

RIP giant list of alphabetically sortable songs

my starred playlist is just called Loading... now for some reason....lmao this loving program

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Good, they never worked properly for me anyway.

• Locked thread