Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Undead Zombie posted:

Looked at the official Spotify customer support forum for a while. Apparently their moderators are actively deleting all posts that mention methods to sign up without Facebook. However, they've missed a few.

The best way is to register a new account using a German proxy. Full instructions here. You need a credit card to change the new Spotify account's country from Germany to yours, but after that it'll work like any account created before the Facebook requirement. No payment needed.

If you really need your playlists, you can disconnect a FB-made Spotify account by making a "device password" and logging into the desktop app using these credentials. Then, under Preferences, you have a button that says "Disconnect from Facebook". This is a bad option because your username is a string of random numbers and you will have to remember this.

This looks like an awfully roundabout and needlessly complicated way of going about getting an account. When I signed up with my Facebook, literally the first thing it asked me was basically "Do you give permission to post Spotify updates to your Facebook?". I said no and no one on Facebook even knows that I use it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
So with Google Music, if I upload a bunch of songs from my computer to fill in gaps in the Google catalogue, can I stream them from anywhere? I'm still carrying around my ipod with a bunch of poo poo that spotify doesn't have so I can listen to it at work but I suspect it's close to dying so that would be great if I could do that

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

annapacketstormaya posted:

Yes.

Spotify can partially do this insofar as it can sync local files to your mobile devices if you make the playlists/albums available offline, but it does take disk space, whereas Google will always let you stream stuff.

Yeah I know, I've got the premium but I'm thinking I might switch over now, I have a bunch of old funk/soul albums that spotify either doesn't have or is incomplete so this sounds perfect

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

They've had this on iOS for awhile. It's only on certain songs.

And I you can get rid of by just swiping up when it appears

• Locked thread