Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Cithen posted:

I just started a free trial with Tidal and I am really enjoying it. It seems a lot easier to discover new music with their service than Play.

Still no 1989! What a shame. All the stuff I like is there though aside from that. Now it's throwing a wrench in my plans to finally go premium.

EDIT: I think the most exciting thing is that it's still :10bux: CAD. So no need to pay the exchange rate for our flailing dollar.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

i was reloading posted:

Are any of you switching to Apple Music? I've been a loyal Spotify user for years and I love it to bits, however this Apple Music looks pretty promising.

No, cause gently caress itunes. I mean spotufy isn't great but I definitely don't want to have to use that thing on my desktop and no Android usage.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Whodat Smith-Jones posted:

Google Play Music has artists Spotify doesn't have, and I can't remember a time where I couldn't find something on Play Music that I knew Spotify had. But that's me. Spotify's mobile app worked pretty flawlessly though, whereas Google's just randomly pauses sometimes or will start playing every single song in an album with no sound so I have to hit the back button to start the song over. Really annoying. Free YouTube is really nice, but I'm thinking about giving Apple Music a shot soon

I'm actuary the opposite. Spotify > Tidal > Google Play Music in terms of artists I specifically want and it's but even for dumb exclusive reasons like the life of Pablo

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

BeastOfExmoor posted:

[url= is dropping the family plan price to $14.99 for up to 6 people.[/url]

Has anyone done account splitting? I've never used a streaming service enough to justify $120 a year, but $30 a year would be quite compelling if I could round up 5 friends.

quote:

The new family plan is rolling out globally today — except if you live in Canada.

Well... I'm not surprised.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Tayter Swift posted:

How hard is their physical address check?

I'd need a non Canadian credit card.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

RE: Google Play

I find Spotify is way stronger at finding random artists I discover who are not exactly popular. Then again this could merely be weird rear end restrictions of being in Canada using streaming services. It took Spotify forever but they finally did it. When I did the Play Music trial I had issues finding particular artists I enjoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

When wikipedia says limited skips how does that work? If you start a song you have to finish it, or like it auto decides what to play for you?

• Locked thread