Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Smelling like exhaust and sweat (it's an aphrodisiac you know)

Having it cost 1/4 as much to fill as our other vehicle and go just as far

Good parking spaces

An excuse to wear leather and not look like a retard and/or fag (NOT THERE THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT)

Cheap insurance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Slim Pickens posted:

Every speed feels faster on a motorcycle
You know, I actually gotta disagree with that. I'm always amazed how slow speed feels on a bike. It's almost like I could get off and walk, and I'm not really exaggerating. Sounds counter-intuitive, but maybe I'm weird that way.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

And most every other high end ST.

However, the physics don't change. Weight shifts to the front which is the skinny tire. There is a minimal amount of road contact. It can only brake so much, ideal conditions or not.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Taelrin posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo Or this guy.
Haha holy poo poo. I love the scraping you hear on almost every corner

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

badnoodle posted:

1.) The momentary sensation of weightless as you come out of a turn.

Ok, what the hell am I doing wrong then? I want to experience weightlessness coming out of a turn. :saddowns:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Z3n posted:

Maybe you just need more throttle, slidebite. A lot more throttle.

(No, I don't really know what he's talking about either. Maybe that moment as you lift the bike upright while opening the throttle?

Maybe this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

When I was heading south from Edmonton a couple of weeks ago at higher than the posted limit, passed a loaded up BMW when it was about 9C drizzling rain, and they had Australian plates so were obviously in the middle of a big tour.

Slowed down, Gave them a big thumbs up and and got a retro in return.

You don't do that poo poo in cars.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 15, 2012

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Sagebrush posted:

It was a strip mall with like 30 different stores, the grocery store was on the diagonally opposite corner of the parking lot, and I was in the Comcast outlet for like 10 minutes. Jesus.
Nah, it's a dick move. It's like taking a cripple spot because you'll "only be a sec"

clutchpuck posted:

I usually just park up on the curb right at the front by the store entrance. That way I am both getting the best most lazy spot possible, also not occupying a cart return.
Same here.

If the store layout allows, I'll often park right next to a bike rack, which is generally about 10' from the front door.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I have that often. Need one gently caress of a car to beat most bikes, even if the bike isn't even aware he's in a race at first.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

LOL. I generally let most win as they're the same assholes who get right on your rear end after you blow them out of the water.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Wulframn posted:

However, one of my favorite things about motorcycling is some of the incredulous remarks made in reference to this practice.

As far as I remember I've never had and of that happen in my 20ish years of riding.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Oh yes, but never on a bike! :v:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

nsaP posted:

So the abrasive Northerners are imports then?

Wouldn't a Northerner in Florida by definition be an import?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That's awesome :3:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Sagebrush posted:

I got an email from my father today after telling him about my engine explosion on the weekend. His reaction, beyond the usual glad you're safe, be careful, ride smart etc. was

"You probably shouldn't be riding on the freeways on that bike. If you're going to ride on the freeways you need to get something newer, with more power, so that it's not running up against its limits. Maybe something new enough to have anti-lock brakes and stuff?"

A good dad.

Enjoy your new ZX14! :buddy:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Nidhg00670000 posted:

FAKE EDIT:

Here's a vid of a brodude doing it even:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xl8RPFu4Gk
I haven't been so disappointed in a vid not having a crash in a long time.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Fabio just went up all the way on the respecto-meter

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

That is fantastic.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Z3n posted:

1) Not riding a KLR.

2) Not riding a KLR.

3) Not riding a KLR.

4) Not riding a KLR.

5) Not riding a KLR.

Look how wrong you are. The KLR is awesome.

not a KLR owner

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

First time in a while,

Redlining in 1st gear and still managing to break every legal speedlimit in your state/province.

Redlining in second gear and :getin: and still have 4 gears to go.

You never get sick of that poo poo I swear.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

for sale posted:

Sneezing in your helmet.
Modulars are a godsend.

Yeah, I know, not as good as full, but jesus that's nice.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

mguirk the jerk posted:

so your lower lip expands over the bottom of the visor opening.
I just about spit out my drink picturing that in my mind
I think I know what you're talking about, it's what everyone who has a full face tries to do, but it's just no comparison. No spray/snot on your visor or chin guard, no nothing anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Slavvy posted:

Thing I love about riding: my meathead latest colleague challenging me to a race against his Nissan silvia.

What do you ride again?

• Locked thread