Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

What are some good movies where the characters have a plan or a scheme, but then everything goes wrong? Specifically, I am thinking of movies like Fargo and A Simple Plan. Thank you.

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

Edit: If you want a more comedic film I also recommend The Ladykillers (the original Ealing version not the awful Coen Brothers remake)

Purple Monkey fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

I guess Reservoir Dogs would count as well though due to the non linear nature of it the plan has already screwed up at the start of the film

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

Here's a wiki list of films about bipolar disorder https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Films_about_bipolar_disorder but I would take any screen depiction with a very large pinch of salt as films have generally never been great at depicting mental illness

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

Would Soylent Green count? I know it's not lesser known but it might not be an obvious example due to being considered more of a Sci-Fi than a conspiracy film

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

Kvlt! posted:

What are some more movies like Taxi Driver, Bringing out the Dead, and Bad Lieutenant? Generally looking for movies with themes like the ones in the movies I listed: isolation, loneliness, addiction, people being pushed to the end of their rope, urban alienation, generally gritty, etc.

The King of Comedy, Nightcrawler, Shame, Falling Down

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

CYBEReris posted:

Any recommendations for trans-centric films that are triumphant as opposed to tragic? Good non-binary representation a plus. Feeling really down from obvious recent events.

A Fantastic Woman starts tragically but ends triumphantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

feedmyleg posted:

What are some movies full of passion-fueled self-destructive youth? The more bombastic the better. I'm thinking Streets of Fire if that sounds like it's a fit, but might want to do a double feature too.

Rebel Without A Cause (too obvious?), The Wild One, Rumble Fish, Badlands, Christiane F, The Basketball Diaries errr I guess Larry Clark's Kids would count as well but don't blame me if you come out the other side hating the human race

• Locked thread