Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Twelve by Pies posted:

You'd think the right wing would be all over RC Cola since it started in the south and has (as far as I know) avoided the types of controversies both Coke and Pepsi have.

What's the point of consuming something if you can't trigger someone with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Quite a lot of London councils now have dedicated on-street parking with EV charging

Yeah, there's some just over the hill from me (Greenwich, close to the Bexley border...)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Is the conservative women gelded so you just see the balls?

She's shot her dick off by accident, duh.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Professor Beetus posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2021/nov/02/child-labor-laws-weakened-us-industries-teens

Let's just end child labor laws and send kids into the hamburger factories. Schools are just Nazi commie pedo indoctrination centers anyway.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jagged Jim posted:

Yeah, the execs were a hell of a lot more frightened of "It's twoo! Oh, it's TWOO!" than any of the n-bombs dropped in that movie.

Friend of mine swears blind that the next line was supposed to be "Ma'am, that's my elbow" but it got cut.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Pogonodon posted:

"If I'm a Model Minority I'll finally be accepted by everyone, including these face eating leopards! Ow oof ouch the leopards are eating my face" seems to be the most common reason for that poo poo. Alternately, gently caress You Got Mine ladderpull but I'd assume you'd already know if he was like that.

"All those other minorities are getting their faces eaten because they walk around yelling I DON'T WANT MY FACE EATEN if they stayed quiet they'd be fine hey where did my face go"

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

The Islamic Shock posted:

The real fun there is them getting into a loop where they offer bounties to anyone who can debunk or prove x explanation of theirs, someone does this very thoroughly, they say actually the goalposts are father away and smaller than I may have led you to believe, repeat either ad infinitum or until the flat-earther finally resorts to making the bounty conditional on proving something that inherently can't be proven.

My favourite example was the... Australian? ghost believer who decided to copy The Amazing Randi by offering a million dollar prize. Thing was you only got the prize if you disproved to his satisfaction every single ghost case he'd ever heard of and I had a long pointless argument with a guy who just wouldn't believe the two offers weren't identical.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Neito posted:

Sounds related to the "Plateaus are the stumps of old trees" thing.

I love that beyond all reason.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Guavanaut posted:

Also the diverse team seems like they'd be good at confronting a variety of different challenges.

Elephants have been used as work animals for millennia, and can pull a load on skids single handedly, gorillas can move things out of the way, the duck can fly unlike any real reindeer. Not sure what use the latter would be but it's as valid as anything else if you're comparing against a flying reindeer team that used to be a single reindeer anyway. The ostrich is telepathic because why not?

And they've all had their eyes tested recently. When did Rudolph last get his prescription checked?

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 23, 2024

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Silly Burrito posted:

Duh, you just press the Turbo button. Do I have to think of everything????

Nah, you use the 3d printer to print a bigger 3d printer then print the bridge from that bing bang bong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

VitalSigns posted:

Especially dumb because mathematics and theoretical physics is nothing but reading and thinking about stuff, activities very appropriate for someone in a wheelchair to do!

Although from the meme it sounds like the disbelief is mainly about writing books, as though the only way to write is by hand with a quill pen or something. Clearly every book ever written was done laboriously by hand, what's dictation.

And even more especially dumb that they acknowledge he has a "computer voice". How does that computer know what words to generate? Because Stephen is capable of communicating input to it. So if he can communicate words that a computer speaks, it can simply print those words instead.

I saw him speak decades ago, before the computer voice, when his communication system was "his students who'd been around him long enough to understand what he was saying and pass it on".

I took my my mum and she thought it was the coolest thing ever.