Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grifter posted:

I just received this one from my grandmother. It's not as acidic as most emails here, but it is worth posting.
Is it really a surprise that everyone mentioned in the email has a (D) next to their name?

obviously false, nobody would ever willingly go to pensacola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vilerat posted:

>> Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
>>
>> 1. Jesus Christ
>>
>> 2. The Canadian Soldier.
>>
>> 3. The British Soldier.
>>
>> 4. The US Soldier, and
>>
>> 5. The Australian Soldier
>>
>> One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.

But which is which?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you trust so much in god, why do you hate his annointed leader, obama, so much? HMMMM????

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Toasticle posted:

Boss again. I guess this was supposed to be a sweet burn

As someone with an IQ of exactly 164, I know that those are the topics I want to talk about when I am drinking alone at a bar.

Because when I go to a bar to drink alone, I do so because I clearly am in the mood for a conversation.

Furthermore,

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just got this:

quote:

The problem is accessiblity, lack of harsh punishment for those who commit such crimes. You want a quick fix for the nations debt, go ahead and take out all the trash on death row, bring back the death penality, and look at the money flow from red to black. People on death row for 15-20 years are costing me and other Americans MILLIONS!!! Handle the problems from the start and things will take care of themselves. Quit using the tragedies for your own personal platform. Are only hope for America is GOD, because Washington is leading us straight into the belly of the beast.

The deficit is ~$900b. "Saving millions" would be less than .01% of the deficit. Hell, we spend about $70b on incarcerating all prisoners, not just death row prisoners. If we literally killed every single person in jail, that'd take care of like 8% of the deficit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barudak posted:

I believe this lovely individuals argument is ignore the appeals process and light them up now to save money.

Yeah, and my response is that it doesn't actually save any significant amount of money