Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Naet posted:

FW:FW:FW:FW: SCARY!!!

I got this one from my uncle. This uncle was recently laid off from his job and had to take on COBRA in order to keep his health insurance from lapsing so he could be covered again (pre-existing conditions + ongoing prescriptions, that sort of thing). According to my aunt his monthly COBRA payment was just a little bit less than the mortgage on their house.

BUT SERIOUSLY gently caress HEALTH CARE REFORM AM I RITE GUYS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

chesh posted:

My family largely knows to leave me the gently caress alone when it comes to politics. This amused me, though.

Oh ho ho.

Now just step back a second, what's wrong with oreilly.com? :v:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

pillsburysoldier posted:

I wonder what units of measurement prayer would use in those graphs, though

Well duh.

The Graham.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Mo_Steel posted:

What the gently caress? Why would you suddenly allow imports after making an assertion that the country has no need for imports whatsoever? :psyduck:

"Real" answer: because those two years would end up being loving miserable and everyone would be dying to reinstate imports.

Actual answer: the author didn't think that hard.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Guilty posted:

If you live in New York there's absolutely no reason.

287 million Americans don't live in the New York metropolitan area :ssh:

My wife and I live in Kansas City and were just pricing airline flights to Thailand (Chiang Mai) the other day...$1600pp round trip, and we could save whopping $300pp if we were to fly to Bangkok and take some other mode of transportation eleven hours north. On the other hand we can fly to Seattle, rent a car, and drive to Vancouver for about $425pp. Yes it's international travel but goddrat does it suck to pay for intercontinental travel from the middle of the US.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

XyloJW posted:

"I said I didn't SEE them."

I feel bad for your aunt, it must be pretty awful to have omnipresence over a disaster area and see everything at all times

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

the posted:

I don't get what's going on with that receipt

They're trying to point out $141 of lobster and porterhouse steak paid for with food stamps like it happens every single day, despite the fact that this guy is getting prosecuted for abusing the system.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Z-Magic posted:

The soldier in the wheel chair is Ron Kovic and he proceeds to curse the teacher out in front of her entire class

The worst part is that it appears the teacher keeps the solider stashed away somewhere, probably a janitor's closet, so he can be wheeled out only when she stands to gain from his situation.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

El Boot posted:

Holy poo poo. From Facebook:

I have no idea where to even begin with this. It flat out calls for taking the right to vote away from poor people.

"If you are on this program and want anything material or not just above animal feed, GET A JOB"

"You have to HAVE A JOB all the time while you are on this program"

Okay then!

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Sarion posted:

Korean Border: 2.5 miles
US/Mexican Border: 1969 miles

Math is amazing!

Your math is also wrong :) The Korean DMZ is 2.5 miles wide. The length of the DMZ is about 160 miles (source). Comparing US/Mexico with the two Koreas is still idiotic but someone you're arguing with could call out the incorrect fact and use that as ammo to tune out the rest of your message.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Asnorban posted:

This was recently linked on my Facebook -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bavou_SEj1E&feature=share

I saw this on a friend's wall followed by a string of comments with no less than three people calling for forced sterilization of welfare recipients. One person was "conflicted" about the idea but decided it would be for the best.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Anubis posted:

The new system went in place about 2 months ago. I used to love our DMV system, with the texting in and reduced waiting but it's seriously hosed right now. Also, normal drivers license stuff is still OK, I believe. Only the vehicle registration part has been hosed over.

Also, hello from Olathe.

Fun fact, that vehicle registration bit is currently hosed over because they installed a software package made by 3M, a proud member of the free market who sold Kansas the package and then basically cut-and-run. The software completely poo poo itself for two or three days in which nothing could be processed and 3M claims it has no liability on the matter.

A friend of mine then cited DMV registration woes as an example of why we absolutely can't give the government more power :ughh:

And hello from Shawnee