Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timbit_fiend
Aug 13, 2006

Later this week, I'll be taking my seven year old in to begin testing for ADHD.

Reading this thread has been very interesting - there's so many 'when I was a kid' that sounds like my son. Because he's so young, it will probably be a long road in terms of diagnosis and then decision on what do for treatment.

In the meantime, is there any suggestions for things that I can do to help him on the behavioral end? Was there anything that your parents did that was helpful - routines, structures, techniques, etc? If you had a peaceful workspace at home to help you concentrate, did you find that the contrast made it harder to concentrate at school? Really, any advice would be helpful. The internet has been a good source for information about symptoms and general advice, but a lot of it relates to older children or teenagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU