Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fracturus Cactusmas
Sep 5, 2006
In my entire life, I don't think I have every really learned what it means to truly relax. ADHD has left me with a mounting pile of work and paralyzes me when it comes to trying to take a chunk out of said work. Stress results and I am further paralyzed by stress and associated grump.

Sometimes I wish I was less focused on academic pursuits so that I could do something mindlessly and without caution. My ADHD had been disappearing until recently and now I find it almost impossible to effectively analyze what I read. It really sucks because I am taking my senior seminar right now. I have come to the conclusion that ADHD may regress with age due to habit and other factors but I am a firm believer that stress really brings it back out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fracturus Cactusmas
Sep 5, 2006

fatlightning posted:

Do people actually take stimulant medications for multiple years without problem as a suitable treatment for ADD?

I don't know about ADD but I have been taking ritalin and then concerta for over..10 years, probably longer. I have noticed a few tics when I get really really stressed out (excessive blinking, clenching my teeth) and a slightly depressed appetite but that is about it. The tics could have nothing to do with the medication and everything to do with stress, also.

Fracturus Cactusmas
Sep 5, 2006
Loss of appetite and dry mouth. Make sure you drink more water when you are on your meds.

Some chance of stomach cramps, headache or nausea